How does warranty affect the adding of a SSD to a laptop - ConceptD CN517-71

ThierryH
ThierryH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've just bought a ConceptD CN517-71 laptop. This is delivered with a system to mount a second SSD or hard drive, and a link to the Acer website page with instructions how to install such a drive.

What about the warranty if I do it myself (or if I let it do by a local computer shop)?
There is no mention of that on this official website page. That would mean I'm allowed to do it.
Please let me know.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Depending on your region there may be a warranty void sticker on it. If there is then you can't change the drives but for most places replacing or adding drives has no effect on the warranty :)
  • ThierryH
    ThierryH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi Leostat,

I don't see any sticker about the warranty. That should be a good sign.

I'm based in Belgium (Flanders), so I guess that would be a question for Acer Computer Benelux.

Thanks

• Riho
    Riho Member Posts: 3 New User

Does Acer sells kits with the additional SSD, the cable and the mounting bracket?

If not, what are the partnumbers of these items for an Acer ConceptD CN517-71?

The installation instruction is great, but it is a pitty that no part numbers are given.

Is the storage capacity limited? Would a Samsung 870 EVO 2,5 inch 4TB fit for this upgrade?

Thanks for the support!