Why does Nvidia Control Panel only show 3d options and nothing else on the Helios 300?

Options
2»

Answers

• evilbest
    evilbest Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
  • PRGA9
    PRGA9 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Guys plz tell me how can I get nvidia to display the screen when I login, I mean I have Acer Predator Helios 300 , I want my laptop to show the dispaly through nvidia . Any solution
  • PRGA9
    Options
    And I also don't get display option in nvidia control panel, although I reinstalled my GTX driver but didn't solved
  • PRGA9
    Options
    I want to overclock my display through nvidia because Intel display cannot do that
  • PRGA9
    Options
    Guys plz tell me how to change my default display to nvidia , not any program I m talking about my laptop DISPLAY  so that I can overclock my display while gaming .
  • PRGA9
    Options
    Guys plz tell me how to solve this issue which is disksed above, because I want to use nvidia display not intel.
  • Problemsolved123
    Problemsolved123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2020
    Options

What you guises need to realize is that intel is the onboard graphics processing unit that is as a display so that’s why you will only see 3D settings and  the solution to fixing this problem is by  going to the device manager and clicking display and right click on intel and disable and get a hdmi cord and connect it to your tv or  a monitor. cause with intel it will act as a display. But your laptop has a nvidia port witch is the hdmi cord and once it’s connected it would no longer be connected to intel display so that is why when you disable the intel graphics the nvidia control panel says  you are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu

• Problemsolved123
    Options
    Solutions 
  • Problemsolved123
    Options
    So if you want to fix this over all goto device manager and click on display and right click on intel and disable it and click yes and get a hdmi cable and connect it with your laptop to a tv or monitor cause intel would no longer be your display 
  • PRGA9
    Options
    So you mean I should disable intel display and the I have to get a port out from intel to nvidia that means I have to open my hardwares?
  • PRGA9
    Options
    Hey Problemsolved123 , I don't understand you Plz tell in in steps and also verify that , do I need to open up my laptop?or the fix is just temporary?
  • multimodapk
    multimodapk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey Problemsolved123. I don't understand you Plz tell in in steps and also verify that , do I need to open up my laptop?or the fix is just temporary?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Intel GPU governs the laptops display.
    Nvidia GPU governs an external display.
    There is no way around this u less you have a newer system that allows you to use Nvidia only in the BIOs options.

If you want to adjust the color/brightness/etc of your laptop display, you have to use the Intel Command Center app from the Microsoft store.

If you want to overclock your display... DONT.
    You will severely lessen the lifespan of your display IMMEDIATELY and you CANNOT get that lifespan back, even if you remove the overclock.
    It's not worth it at all and I've seen tons of displays fry fr even a tiny OC.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Eidam
    Eidam Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i have the same problem only 3D settings and intel grpahcis comand dont show on my dispolay :(
  • whjteout
    whjteout Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @xapim ok so i have an external monitor ... ive set my nvidia as a main vc and ive reinstalled the driver...still dont have the display options at the nvidia ctrl panel .... 
  • Crocodile
    Crocodile Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I've got the same "csgo stretched" problem as the other guy you helped were by me, when I record with GeForce instant replay, it shows it in 4;3 ratio. You said to go the command center and set the scaling to full screen but when I go there, I only see "scale" and then the one option "maintain display scaling". (I'll link a picture below) Thanks!