Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Aspire TC-895-EB11

Options
Rayminster
Rayminster Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody is able to help me with this problem. I have a Acer Windows 10 desktop and my welcome screen is stuck with the time and date displayed, but that's it. Also, my keyboard and mouse isn't working (I've tried different mouse and keyboard, but it doesn't work) during the startup.

Thank you.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,387 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Rayminster
    Try to perform system restore by booting in Windows recovery(WINre) from startup 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, does that require the mouse and keyboard because it doesn't work on the startup and on the welcome screen
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,387 Pathfinder
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Rayminster
    Need to press when acer logo appears 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,442 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options
    Maybe unplug all your USB's cables that are connected. 
    Are your units wireless ? 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Rayminster,

Is the keyboard and mouse comes along with the unit or did you purchase it lonely. 
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    @GAMING6698
    Nothing seems to happen

@Larryodie
    I've tried that as well. The keyboard is wired and the mouse is wireless

@Easwar
    The keyboard came with the desktop and the mouse I bought separetely
  • Larryodie
    Options
    Unplug any add on cards, disconnect the DVD and anything that is unpluggable. 
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    I've tried all, and it's the same result. Sadly.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Make sure you have tried with a different keyboard, it might be a failed keyboard, it might be a failed USB port...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi billsey,
    I've tried this keyboard on my other computer and it works. I also tried different keyboards and nothing happens. It might be a failed USB port, not sure.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Rayminster,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• billsey
    Options
    Try on each different USB port. Then try a different USB device (like a flash drive) on each port to verify it's the port that's acting up. Once you have it fully pinned down go ahead and contact Acer support for a repair.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Options
    Inspect ALL your USB ports for bent prongs or a piece of trash lying inside one of them.
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    @Easwar
    It looks like I might have to. Thanks for the links.

@billsey
    Okay I will do that.

@Larryodie
    Everything is clean inside, so I don't think that's the problem.
  • billsey
    Options
    Keep us informed...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example PO3-600S
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi egydiocoelho,
    the model is Aspire TC-895-EB11
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you access the bios by pressing the dell key? Try disabling this feature:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    No, I haven't been able to get that far
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Does the same problem occur when connecting another usb keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer