Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Aspire TC-895-EB11

Options
2»

Answers

• Rayminster
    Rayminster Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Yeah, I've tried with others and nothing works. It might be a USB port issue.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It sure sounds like the USB ports have gone bad. That sometimes can happen during an event like an electrical storm or power outage, but it usually only affects a single port, not all of them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Unplug the computer from the electrical outlet, disconnect the rtc battery, then press the power button for thirty seconds to eliminate static energy.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey
    That could've been the issue because I did experience a short power outage. I'm not sure though. 

@egydiocoelho
    I've tried your method and I get a line saying
    "Setup settings error, CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss occurs.
    Default settings loaded."
    I get this from time to time trying to fix this computer
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disconnecting and reconnecting the rtc battery:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Options
    The CMOS error is normal if you have removed the battery, it's just taking you back to defaults.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh I see, I've tried a lot of the different methods everyone has been suggesting me. But, I haven't seem to find the solution yet.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So the usb ports are having problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    Options
    Do you have anything you can plug into the USB ports that would show power? Some older flash drives had LEDs in them and I have both LED lights and fans that run off USB...
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho
    Yeah, it seems like it.

@billsey
    Yeah, I plugged in a USB flash drive that has a light on it and it did light up for all the USB ports. Does that mean the USB ports are working fine? I'm not too sure.
  • billsey
    Options
    Nope, it just means the power leads are working. There are four signals on a type A USB port, the two outer pins are +5V and Ground and they are good with your setup, the two middle ones are + and - data, where the actual data is transferred. In your case they seem to either be blown or corrupted. :(
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay, thank you. I guess that means I have to give it to the Acer Service Centre for them to repair it. 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,442 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I deleted.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,442 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited August 2021
    Options
    For what it is worth. I have a TC-895-UA92.
    I pulled all plugs, it booted up to the Windows Log In Screen. I did see a "No Keyboard" message flash on the boot screen but it did continue to boot.
    I pulled the Keyboard Plug with the mouse connected. Booted OK to the sign in screen. I didn't notice the "No keyboard message" but I'm sure that it was there.
    I pulled the mouse, booted OK and signed in with no error message about the mouse. 

TRY booting with all unplugged. Good Luck 
  • billsey
    Options
    The message vs stop is a BIOS Setting usually.
  • Rayminster

Tinkerer

Options
    @Larryodie
    I've tried what you had mention and I get the same outcome.

@billsey
    Oh, I understand.