Predator Helios PH315-52 Predator Sense Not Supported

JamesSharkey
JamesSharkey Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, all. I've been having trouble with my Predator laptop recently, and after sending it back for repairs twice now the problems have persisted. The problem starts with the computer's caps lock and num lock icons reverting to the generic, non-Predator Sense versions, as well as the computer declaring that Predator Sense is not supported by the computer when it launches, even though pressing the Predator Sense key will launch the program and it seems to work normally. Example.

The last time this happened, the issue progressed to Nvidia's GeForce Now failing to recognise the computer's 1660 Ti graphics card, and then upon attempting a restart, the laptop would refuse to boot or even show a display. I believe this is a motherboard issue, but each time I have sent it back to Acer for repairs it has happened again within a short time frame (the second time it happened a month after the device was returned, and now it has begun on the second day since it was returned to me).

I'm looking for answers, if anybody recognises this, knows what to do, or how I can direct Acer's technical team to fix the underlying issue causing all of this to happen repeatedly. I'd be happy to provide additional information with the laptop for as long as it persists.

Answers

• About predator sense, it is possible that the model name is misspelled in the bios. Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab? About nvidia graphics card, is it showing up in the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JamesSharkey
    This is what I see in the System Information tab, and then in the Registry. Is this what you mean? As for the graphics card, it is still currently being recognised, but the last time that this happened it stopped being recognised and I was unable to check the BIOS before the computer would refuse to boot. 
  • JamesSharkey
    I reset the laptop guided by Acer technical support, and the problem came back less than a day later. 5 hours. I'm at a loss, here. Not sure what to do- do I install new BIOS, and if so, which ones from the Acer support site? I am paranoid that the laptop will die and fail to boot because of the Motherboard, as happened last time. Here are more examples of software that came with the laptop breaking.
  • See that the model name is misspelled:

It should appear Predator PH315-52. Go to the predator sense plugs folder and change the name to PH315-52-70RE:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JamesSharkey
    Doing the above has allowed me to install Predator Sense and not get the error notification on startup saying the software isn't reported, but so far my caps lock and num lock icons are remaining the generic version shown in my screenshot.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi JamesSharkey,

You can claim for a repair warranty.
  • Have you already installed acer quick access?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ryan717
    Ryan717 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Can we PLEASE get an update to Predator SENSE?!!! Windows 11 is officially released. It was working fine with 11 for last month... until TODAY.  Windows updates killed it apparently.  and there hasn't been an update to this software in quite a long time.  Does ACER support their hardware or what? I'm sure a simple update would restore MUCH NEEDED HARDWARE FUNCTIONALITY including keyboard lighting!  Major features for this laptop! Please respond. 
  • Ryan717
    Ryan717 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    edited November 2021
    Ryan717 said:
    Can we PLEASE get an update to Predator SENSE?!!! Windows 11 is officially released. It was working fine with 11 for last month... until TODAY.  Windows updates killed it apparently.  and there hasn't been an update to this software in quite a long time.  Does ACER support their hardware or what? I'm sure a simple update would restore MUCH NEEDED HARDWARE FUNCTIONALITY including keyboard lighting!  Major features for this laptop! Please respond. 
    Or, IF NOT an update a FIX?  half the PC is now not working thanks to this ONE piece of software (which has been flaky since I bought it) has now become inoperable by updates from Microsoft.  EDIT:  I was actually able to uninstall, reinstall using older windows compatibility, restart and it is operating.  THAT BEING said, It would be nice if ACER offered an updated version of this software to keep functionality rocking.  This PC isn't that old and support should keep up with the times too. 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2021
    @Ryan717 theres a simple solution do not update to win11 its full of bugs stay on 10 for at least a couple more years thats my best advice to not have any major issues im still on 1809 here with updates completely disabled since 2018 not a single issue why keep trying to fix something thats not broken theres no point you have much more chances of breaking everything by upgrading/updating but good luck to everyone  :)

PS: its not acers fault that MS keeps making things harder for all the manufacturers apart from intel as win11 was specifically designed in partnership with intel for their 12th gen and nothing else in mind as you saw all amd users suffer a huge blow in performance after moving to 11 (apparently it was almost fixed by now with patches but theres still many with unfixed issues) its just intel trying to get the crown from amd by cheating lol as they cant get it fairly properly competing

<<It was working fine with 11 for last month... until TODAY.  Windows updates killed it apparently>>

lol this is what happens if you dont disable the updates completely MS will find a way to screw you up sooner or later you end up with a paperweight instead of a working laptop and this is not acer's fault if you want to blame anyone first start by blaming yourself by upgrading to a buggy OS using not officially MS certified hardware (and no its not only the MS tpm support or the cpu support requirements list its the hardware in a whole) and then blame MS for again releasing a OS full of bugs havent u been reading the reviews they are all around if its not even working properly on desktops its not expected to work properly on laptops at all it was not designed for older hardware MS will enforce all manufacturers to stop supporting older hardware/OS sooner or later so ppl are forced to spend more and upgrade to a newer system these are the real facts fo a OS to work properly the OS devs should get laptops/desktops from all manufacturers old/new models with many different hardware specs/variants and test them properly before release but of course this will never happen it would be a massive waste of time/money on resources for MS  as usual the end users are MS guinea pigs who have to report the issues they find for them to decide if they are willing to fix it or not :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/