Predator Helios PH315-52 Predator Sense Not Supported

JamesSharkeyJamesSharkey Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, all. I've been having trouble with my Predator laptop recently, and after sending it back for repairs twice now the problems have persisted. The problem starts with the computer's caps lock and num lock icons reverting to the generic, non-Predator Sense versions, as well as the computer declaring that Predator Sense is not supported by the computer when it launches, even though pressing the Predator Sense key will launch the program and it seems to work normally. Example.

The last time this happened, the issue progressed to Nvidia's GeForce Now failing to recognise the computer's 1660 Ti graphics card, and then upon attempting a restart, the laptop would refuse to boot or even show a display. I believe this is a motherboard issue, but each time I have sent it back to Acer for repairs it has happened again within a short time frame (the second time it happened a month after the device was returned, and now it has begun on the second day since it was returned to me).

I'm looking for answers, if anybody recognises this, knows what to do, or how I can direct Acer's technical team to fix the underlying issue causing all of this to happen repeatedly. I'd be happy to provide additional information with the laptop for as long as it persists.

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 79,164 Trailblazer
    About predator sense, it is possible that the model name is misspelled in the bios. Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab? About nvidia graphics card, is it showing up in the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JamesSharkeyJamesSharkey Member Posts: 4 New User
    This is what I see in the System Information tab, and then in the Registry. Is this what you mean? As for the graphics card, it is still currently being recognised, but the last time that this happened it stopped being recognised and I was unable to check the BIOS before the computer would refuse to boot. 
    I reset the laptop guided by Acer technical support, and the problem came back less than a day later. 5 hours. I'm at a loss, here. Not sure what to do- do I install new BIOS, and if so, which ones from the Acer support site? I am paranoid that the laptop will die and fail to boot because of the Motherboard, as happened last time. Here are more examples of software that came with the laptop breaking.
    See that the model name is misspelled:

It should appear Predator PH315-52. Go to the predator sense plugs folder and change the name to PH315-52-70RE:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    Doing the above has allowed me to install Predator Sense and not get the error notification on startup saying the software isn't reported, but so far my caps lock and num lock icons are remaining the generic version shown in my screenshot.
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 4,095
    Hi JamesSharkey,

You can claim for a repair warranty.
    Have you already installed acer quick access?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer