Acer z476 Battery stuck 74%

andimiaandimia Member Posts: 4 New User
Acer z476. I have a problem. My laptop battery is always 74% regardless of whether I charge it or not.
Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title


FAQ & Answers

  • JackEJackE ACE Posts: 27,755 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall ALL device drivers you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn laptop back on. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,349
    Hi andimia,

    # Power drain,

    1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result.
  • andimiaandimia Member Posts: 4 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi andimia,

    # Power drain,

    1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result.
    My laptop doesn't have a pinhole on the back of my laptop
  • andimiaandimia Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall ALL device drivers you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn laptop back on. Jack E/NJ
    I have done these instructions but it still doesn't work
  • JackEJackE ACE Posts: 27,755 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

    Jack E/NJ
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,349
    Hi andimia,

    # Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

    Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • andimiaandimia Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

    This is my batteryreport


  • JackEJackE ACE Posts: 27,755 Trailblazer
    Sorry, the battery pack's internal charge regulator has failed and incorrectly reports state of charge. You need to replace the battery pack. Google z476  battery replacement for vendors who ship to your location. About $20USD



    Jack E/NJ
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online2.2K

Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
amcareem
amcareem
Anthony3231
Anthony3231
anujsana
anujsana
billsey
billsey
CBS22
CBS22
dconn
dconn
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
jmperis
jmperis
johngilbert2000
johngilbert2000
Joyce28
Joyce28
JstAsh01
JstAsh01
krzkomp
krzkomp
legion001
legion001
Marciux
Marciux
MikaRabbit
MikaRabbit
Miko78
Miko78
NothingToDoHere
NothingToDoHere
Rudra12
Rudra12
Todd_J
Todd_J
ver4s
ver4s
WardingBeetles
WardingBeetles
xapim
xapim
yeet_ns
yeet_ns
Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
+2.2K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1528

Total Points:4722

Total Accepted Answers: 178

Leostat Community Aficionado