Acer z476 Battery stuck 74%

andimiaandimia Member Posts: 4 New User
Acer z476. I have a problem. My laptop battery is always 74% regardless of whether I charge it or not.
Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 27,755 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall ALL device drivers you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn laptop back on. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,349
    Hi andimia,

# Power drain,

1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result.
  • andimiaandimia Member Posts: 4 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi andimia,

# Power drain,

1.Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Shutdown the unit.
    3. Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
    ​Check this T/S and post the result.
    My laptop doesn't have a pinhole on the back of my laptop
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall ALL device drivers you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn laptop back on. Jack E/NJ
    I have done these instructions but it still doesn't work
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,349
    Hi andimia,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
    JackE said:
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

This is my batteryreport

Sorry, the battery pack's internal charge regulator has failed and incorrectly reports state of charge. You need to replace the battery pack. Google z476  battery replacement for vendors who ship to your location. About $20USD

Jack E/NJ