Should I buy the Acer Aspire e15?

MugelCrinchMugelCrinch Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all,

I am going to be in college in about 3 months and will need a laptop/desktop/ or both for it. I will be in engineering and may need a somewhat powerful machine. Is the Acer Aspire e15 with i5-8250U processor, 8 GB of DDR3, 256 SSD, NVIDIA 150MX , for $600 good for me? I care a little bit about battery life and would want 6+ hours. I also would not want a laptop to be excessively heavy (6+) lbs.The other option would be for me to get the acer 15'' chromebook and then spend the rest of the money on a desktop. Not sure what I should do and any advice/suggestions are well appreciated. Thank you!

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 27,318 Trailblazer
    >>>need a laptop/desktop/ or both for it>>>

Do you really need both? Or do you only like to have both? A desktop is usually much more powerful than a laptop for the same or less money. Laptop battery life depends heavily on the program & application loads you expect to use. Typically you can expect only about half the advertised laptop battery life under actual real world use. 
    Jack E/NJ
  • jandanjandan Member Posts: 4 New User
    Personally i would never, ever buy an acer product, they lie, keep your computer, and blame you for their fault goods, and then have to audacity to tell you they want £771 to repair a fault they sold it to PC World with, just a total scam, we have now lost ALL our data that was stored on our computer.  It is an appalling service 
  • CanonierExCanonierEx Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I would take Acer Swift 5 (Intel 11th Gen, 2020). Display: 14-inch, 1920 x 1080 display | CPU: Up to Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU | Weight: 2.3 pounds. Paired with a vivid 1080p panel, up to 1TB of storage and 16GB of RAM, all for $1,299. Depending on your usage, the Acer Swift 5 could get you through at least one and possibly two days on a single charge. It lasted 13 hours and 37 minutes in an official battery test of "laptopmag".