Nitro5AN515-55-NVIDIA GeForce 1650 reports as disabled on startup, graphics card gets overheated up.

VagueAngel
VagueAngel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 21 in Nitro Gaming

Good morning.

I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (model AN515-55). A couple months ago, I started noticing the laptop was running really hot. I blew out the vents and still had the same issue. Then I cleaned the vents internally as well. In the meantime, there were a few times while playing Diablo 4 that a blue screen popped up that read Windows has encountered a problem. I restarted and the video card was disabled. I disabled/re-enabled the video card via Windows Task Manager and re-started. Everything was fine for a bit, then it happened again. I repeated this process 2 or 3 more times. The last time I was good for about 2 or 3 weeks, then the same thing occurred. I've used DDU to uninstall the drivers and re-install them. But when I restart, the NVIDIA is disabled again.

I'm guessing this means my graphics card probably overheated one too many times and is no longer functioning, but I would really appreciate it if anyone else could offer some other insights into something I may have missed.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]