Path for upgrades on PO5-641(What are the parts that I should consider for upgrading my gaming PC?)

eastonsilly
eastonsilly Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 3:30PM in Predator Desktops

Hey guys, I got my first PC for gaming from my buddy who bought it new from BestBuy a few years ago. I have a PO5-641 with a 3070 GPU, 12 gen i7-12700, 1TB NVMe Micron 3400, and what appears to be 2 16gb sticks of Corsair DDR5 4800mhs ram. I am a total noob when it comes to PC parts and have only had a few laptops meant for gaming and a desktop for rendering when I was in school. I have read through a few posts and see people have successfully upgraded their PC to allow for better performance and gaming and I am hoping to do the same.

My setup is a little unique as I like to game in the living room so I can hang out with my GF and have the tower located behind the TV on the entertainment stand. I mention that for airflow reasons and it's the only place it will fit that's "acceptable" for now. I play on a 28" Asus VG28UQL1A at 3840x2160x120 hertz monitor if that matters. Right now, my main game is escape from tarkov and I would like to improve the performance. I have been having issues with my screen periodically going black for 2 seconds which I am imagining is due to not having it in gaming mode and on auto mode. Gaming mode seems to be a bit loud for my liking so I want to upgrade the cooling to be more efficient and less noisy.

What is the best path forward for upgrades and order they should be done in? I would ideally like to bring the PC somewhere with the parts and have someone install them, but I am open to learning if there are enough YouTube tutorials out there.

I was thinking I could start with another 1TB Samsung SSD if they are still the best. Which one should I go with?

I was looking at Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800MHz ram and thinking of just buying 4 sticks of 16gb each to replace whatever's in there, so I don't have any compatibility issues. Would this be the best way to proceed?

I saw posts about the Noctura fan upgrade and was wondering which one would work best for my case & tower location. Do I need an additional "cooler"?

What other parts should I be considering upgrading?

If I want to eventually upgrade the 3070 cards to a 40 series, is there anything I should consider now with the memory and cooling upgrades? Should I say screw it and upgrade the card at the same time?

I appreciate any and all help you guys can provide and if you have any amazon links would be super helpful. I saw Chugzilla had some good posts but all of it seemed a bit overwhelming as I was reading through.

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]