Acer Chromebook 11 c740 stuck on "chrome os is damaged or missing". Need help!

Thisisasosignothuman
Thisisasosignothuman Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 1:29AM in Chromebooks

Yeah I tried everything... Like factory reset etc…

Hi, I just flashed my USB drive. My chrome does boot when usb is inserted to reset it is stuck on that screen please help 😭..

Although I download chrome os from third party website and then used the "local image" on top right corner of chrome utility it flashed successfully and verification was also ✅

Now the problem is. My Chromebook won't boot from USB as you can see in the image of you know what I mean..

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,612 Pathfinder

To resolve the "Chrome OS is damaged or missing" issue on your Chromebook 11 C740, follow these steps:

1. Force Restart Your Chromebook

• Press and hold the power button until the device shuts down. Wait a few seconds, then turn it back on. This can sometimes clear temporary glitches causing the error.

2. Create Recovery Media

If a restart doesn't work, you need to create recovery media:

• On another computer, install the Chromebook Recovery Utility from the Chrome Web Store.
    • Insert a USB drive (8GB minimum) into that computer.
    • Launch the utility, select your Chromebook model, and follow the prompts to create recovery media.

3. Boot from Recovery Media

• With your Chromebook powered off, insert the USB drive while on the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged" screen.
    • Press Esc + Refresh + Power to enter recovery mode. The Chromebook should detect the USB and begin reinstalling Chrome OS automatically.

4. Additional Options

If the above steps fail:

• Try disconnecting the battery temporarily, then reconnecting it before powering on.
    • Consider entering Developer Mode by pressing Ctrl + D at startup, which may allow you to reset settings.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566