How do i clean my Aspire a315 24p?

Go0fy_g0ob3r09
Go0fy_g0ob3r09 Member Posts: 5 New User

Gave the bottom vents a little inspection, and I noticed that the fan has accumulated some dust over the years. I know how to open the bottom up, and I have ordered some plastic spudgers that are on the way to my house. How do I clean the CPU fan?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,437 Trailblazer

You can use the spudgers (just learned a new word) to open the back cover only after removing the 11 Phillips-head screws, but to clean the fan use only a soft cosmetics brush, nothing hard, no liquids/lubricants and no compressed air/vacuum cleaner. First make sure the latop is shut down and not suspended in sleep, Fast Startup or hibernate mode, disconnect the battery and press the power button for 10 seconds. Best to disconnect the fan plug and remove he fan to access and clean the duct grill/vent outlet, there will be a lot of lint and dirt accumulated in the grill after 2 years. Note, the back cover Philips screws are locked with a blue or brown locking compound (glue) so take care not to strip the screw heads as it may take some force, likewise don't tighten the screws too much as the small brass thread inserts at the bottom may break loose rendering the screw useless. How to open Acer Aspire 3 (A315-24P) - disassembly and upgrade options | LaptopMedia.com