Unable to Access BIOS on Acer Swift SFG16-72-91TX After BIOS Update and Linux Installation

jonas_enge
jonas_enge Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 1:46PM in Swift and Spin Series

I recently got an Acer Swift SFG16-72-91TX, updated the BIOS, and installed Linux. Booting into Linux works fine; however, now I can't access the BIOS. When I press F2 during startup, I only see the Acer splash screen. The fans are spinning, but nothing else happens. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

BIOS Information
Insyde Corp.
Version: V1.14
Release Date: 08/25/2024

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,130 Trailblazer

Hi @jonas_enge although the Fn function is enabled by default, Linux may not interpret it, try pressing Fn+F2 at startup to access the BIOS.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • jonas_enge
    jonas_enge Member Posts: 2 New User

When I hold F2, F12 or Fn+F2, it seems to register the key press because the system doesn’t boot into Linux. Instead, it stays stuck on the Acer splash screen indefinitely.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,130 Trailblazer

Well, I don't know what the problem could be. When updating the BIOS and before installing Linux, were you able to check if you could access it?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)