Black Screen Issue While Running Games on Acer Nitro V15 - Warranty Request

Husssin9
Husssin9 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited 1:49AM in Nitro Gaming

Problem Description:

I recently purchased an Acer Nitro V15 (i5 Gen13, RTX 4050) laptop. When I try to start any game while the laptop is plugged in and charging, the screen goes black. However, when I restart the laptop, it works normally until I try to launch a game again, which causes the same black screen issue.

I tested this with Rocket League, and here are the results:

When the frame rate is set to 90 FPS, the game runs for about an hour before the black screen appears.

When set to 144 FPS, the game lasts about 30 minutes before the screen goes black.

At 240 FPS, the game runs for around 5 minutes before the issue occurs.

If I unlock the frame rate, the laptop shuts off immediately.

One time, I unlocked the frame rate, and the game ran at 550 FPS in "Gaming Mode" through the Acer Nitro app without shutting down. However, after restarting the laptop, the issue returned, which gives me hope that it might work under certain conditions

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,629 Trailblazer

I don't know if your laptop is the Nitro ANV15-51gaming laptop, but these gaming laptops all need to be setup properly and kept cool as much as possible while gaming, they also must have the latest Acer and windows provided and available bios and firmware updates and all the updates that they require for best performance.

Make sure that you have the last Acer bios update (and Acer firmware if available) then look at the windows updates at Advanced options>Optional updates>Drivers and install all those and the firmware that windows has for your laptop, then install the NVidia GeForce Experience software that will notify you that you need the RTX4050 latest game ready driver which is the version 565.90 (as of October 2024) and with the GFE software, you also have NVidia's best games settings for over 1500 major games for your RTX4050 gpu, which the compatible games should appear in the GFE Gaming panel.

You need to do all the above for your laptop to be setup properly and to perform properly for an ultimate gaming experience, also look at this excellent setup guide Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming as afterwards your laptops should have no gaming problems if you keep the laptop cool and use a good 5 fan gaming tablet cooler to circulate the air even better and keep your Nitro gaming laptop cooler for your gaming laptop. Btw and as a side note, I've got an 11th Gen/RTX3050/32GB Nitro 5 and I've done all the above and I'm using a good gaming 5 fan tablet cooler and I've had no problems like you have. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍