Acer Nitro 16 AN16-42 laptop 8845hs RTX 4060 gives high GPU Temps.

ZeNyK10
ZeNyK10 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 5:48AM in Nitro Gaming

Hello everyone.

I've purchased an Acer Nitro 16 AN16-42 laptop with 8845HS and RTX 4060 like 4 months ago. In the last weeks GPU temps started to be around 85-90C, and GPU hot spot sensor has been everytime around 107C. After max 30 min of gaming the laptop will start to throlle the power and freq. I sent the laptop for warranty to the local shop from were i've purchased it, because I was thinking that is something wrong with thermal paste from GPU or with thermal module. Laptop was barely used, so is not clogged with any dust, hair, etc…They sent me back the laptop telling me that the temps are normal and that I have to install NVIDIA Drivers to work properly. How am I supposed to use the GPU without drivers….this was beyond my thinking…

I've tried to sent the laptop right to an ACER Service Center but I live in Romania and I didn't have any option just the local service center were the laptop was.

I repaired a lot of laptop and pc's, and i'm 100% sure that the gpu thermal paste is bad but I don't want to open the laptop because I will lose the warranty. Anyone knows any other method to get in touch with ACER customer support?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    edited 3:48AM

The new Nitro AN16-42 is designed to run at high temps like listed below, the paste unless it wasn't put on the cpu and gpu (which can happen which if it happens then your laptop will not work after 2 min and will shut down) is not bad as the paste that Acer uses is on the cpu is Liquid Metal paste and on the gpu its normal high temp paste, so it should be perfect and not have anything to do with heating.

The most important is to make sure that you have all the latest Acer bios and whatever firmware that windows update has for this laptop and also install the latest GeForce Experience software and paly all supported games through this software and update the RTX4060 gpu game ready drivers with GFE software to its latest NVidia gaming driver, also use a good gaming tablet cooler as that also helps in reducing heat and crossflow ventilation from under your laptop. Follow this setup guide also for a gaming laptops here; Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Nitro AN16-42 cpu temps and fan speeds tested by Acer

• CPU TCC Trigger: 100C
    • CPU OS Shut Down: Trigger = 110C (No Action)
    • CPU EC Shut Down: Trigger = 110C (No Action)
    • H/W Shut down: Trigger = 95C

This is the max performance mode that your AN16-41 should run at:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍