ACER Nitro 16 8845hs RTX 4060 high GPU Temps.

ZeNyK10
ZeNyK10 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 4 in Nitro Gaming

Hello everyone.

I've purchased an Acer Nitro 16 AN16-42 laptop with 8845HS and RTX 4060 like 4 months ago. In the last weeks GPU temps started to be around 85-90C, and GPU hot spot sensor has been everytime around 107C. After max 30 min of gaming the laptop will start to throlle the power and freq. I sent the laptop for warranty to the local shop from were i've purchased it, because I was thinking that is something wrong with thermal paste from GPU or with thermal module. Laptop was barely used, so is not clogged with any dust, hair, etc…They sent me back the laptop telling me that the temps are normal and that I have to install NVIDIA Drivers to work properly. How am I supposed to use the GPU without drivers….this was beyond my thinking…

I've tried to sent the laptop right to an ACER Service Center but I live in Romania and I didn't have any option just the local service center were the laptop was.

I repaired a lot of laptop and pc's, and i'm 100% sure that the gpu thermal paste is bad but I don't want to open the laptop because I will lose the warranty. Anyone knows any other method to get in touch with ACER customer support??