why my laptop battery backup is reducing ?

Anshul42
Anshul42 Member Posts: 4 New User

My laptop is not to much old

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,075 Trailblazer

Hi @Anshul42 what model do you have exactly?
    Do you mean that the battery is lasting less time?
    Are you using and maintaining the battery correctly?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,088 Trailblazer

All batteries lose capacity with time either used or just stored, battery wear varies with quality, an Acer endorsed battery can last between 4-5 years, a cheap or refurbished one may not even last 1 year. If you notice battery wear (Design Capacity minus 100% charged capacity) is around 15%/year that is very good, if you get 2-3 hours battery life without the adapter plugged in that is normal. Don't use Acer Care Center Battery Calibration or Battery charge limiting options. I recommend leaving the power adapter plugged in 24/7 and make sure the battery is always 100% charged. If you don't have access to an electrical wall outlet, disconnect USB/other external devices, change the Power mode in Power & Battery settings to Best Power Efficiency", turn off keyboard backlite, turn on the screen saver and reduce your screen brightness, this may give you >4 hours battery life with a new battery,