How can I get the best battery life out of my Acer product?
Conditioning and calibrating a new battery
Before you use a battery pack for the first time, there is a conditioning process that you should follow. This will ensure your battery accepts the maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you from obtaining the maximum battery charge, and will shorten the effective lifespan of the battery. We recommend this conditioning process for all new batteries, or if a battery has not been used for a long time.
- Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
- Turn on the computer and complete setting up the operating system.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Operate the computer using battery power until the battery-low warning appears.
- Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
- Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.
Charging the battery
- Only use the AC adapter that came with your computer.
- Plug the AC adapter into the computer, and connect to a power outlet.
- You can continue to operate your computer on AC power while your battery is charging.
- Turning your computer off while the battery is charging will significantly reduce charging time.
Optimizing battery life
- Remove accessories that are not being used (e.g. a USB disk drive), as they can continue to draw power.
- Store your PC in a cool, dry place. The recommended temperature is 10° C (50° F) to 30° C (86° F). Higher temperatures cause the battery to self-discharge faster.
- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life. .
Conditions that can adversely affect the battery
- Using the computer on constant AC power.
- Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes, as described above.
- Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it will reach the end of its effective life.
Checking the battery level
The power meter indicates the current battery level. Rest the cursor over the battery/power icon on the taskbar to see the battery's present charge level.
When using battery power pay attention to the power meter. If you receive a battery-low warning, connect your computer to the power adapter immediately, or save your work and turn off the computer until you can charge it.