After a Windows reset, keyboard/mouse not working. How do I fix it?

Jim_Hardy54
Jim_Hardy54 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I was told by ACER Customer Service to reset my PC to resolve an issue I was having with Defender scans. After a reset windows set up came up but my mouse and keyboard not working. Has anyone seen this before, and how do I fix it??? Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,658 Pathfinder

it could be the case that windows was reset to base level - implying it is now stock windows and all drivers need to be reinstalled. Is is external keyboard and mouse that aren't working? Try creating a windows install usb and boot up from it and see if the keyboard and mouse work.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Jim_Hardy54
    Jim_Hardy54 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I though of that, but Windows should have those basic drivers? I have the plug in usb mouse/keyboard, and they work for the RE at boot up… For some reason I can't get into the BIOS anymore, but at first I could and the keyboard worked there? I think the original installation was a modified load with changes made to the registry , (group rules), by an IT admin? MY PC is an ACER refurb that I bought this Summer off ebay, and it set up normally out of the box. I hate to send it in under the warranty but may have to…??? Thanks, Jim