C27-1851 SERIES RANDOM FREEZE AND BLUE SCREEN FIX/SOLUTION??

christianj14
christianj14 Member Posts: 3 New User

We have two brand new units of the Aspire C27-1851 All-in-One PC that randomly freeze and display blue screens, even when just using email, browsing the internet, or not actively using the PC at all. We tried resetting the PCs to factory defaults, but the issue persists.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer

Can you take pictures for us of the BSODs? They often have hints in the fine print as to what's causing the issues. Have you done all Windows updates? How about the option updates?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christianj14

Yes, all Windows updates, including optional updates, GPU updates, have been completed.

• billsey

Have you installed any apps or drivers other than what was supplied with the machine? Which versions of the video drivers are installed right now? Do you have any USB devices plugged in, other than the keyboard and mouse? A clock watchdog timeout might require more in depth diagnosis, using the minidump file, just because there are so many potential causes.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christianj14

The only USB device plugged in is the printer’s USB cable, aside from the keyboard and mouse. We're experiencing issues like the computer freezing, but this problem only occurs with both of our C27 i7 units. Since we upgraded from the C24-1750 to the C27-1851, we've had no issues with the older models. Could the problem be specific to the C27 i7 version

• billsey
    edited 5:32PM

Possibly, but unlikely, or else we'd be hearing of a lot more issues. How long do they run before the issue rears it's head? If it happens fairly quickly, or fairly consistently, we can try booting in safe mode and running long enough to see if it persists. If the failure doesn't happen in safe mode then we know it's software (either a driver or app), if it still happens in safe mode it's either hardware or something in the Windows image itself.