Low performance issue on brand new Acer V15 ANV15-41-R9QC?

THUND3R_dude
THUND3R_dude Member Posts: 7 New User
edited September 16 in Nitro Gaming

Hello! Wondering if someone could help me or at least give me an insight on what may be or not happening with my new Acer Nitro V 15 ANV15-41-R9QC.

Right after getting it, I made sure to update all drivers and also the BIOS. Did some general win 11 debloating and nvidia 3d settings tweak. Also went through the Nitro Sense app and set it to performance mode.

Now, from a new 4050 rtx, ryzen 7 7735 (and of course plugged), i was expecting a bit more performance. Tried CS2, at minimum graphical settings and in 1280x960. With this settings, the game could barelly render 165 fps to match the screen refresh rate, and would drop to 120s and 130s. This seems to be not limited to CS2. On lethal company, the average fps is around 120. On Skyrim, 60.
Some benchmarks on youtube show this pc or very similar versions of it reach an average of 220 fps on CS (and at 1080p with not the lowest graphical settings).

The 4050 is being used and reaches clock speeds of around 2100mhz. One strange thing is that both cpu and gpu dont reach medium-high temps, keeping at around 50-65°, so it looks it isnt even trying.
Also the 4050 seems to run at around 25w during most of most games, reaching around 55w on some parts of the loading.

Already tried to uninstall (using ddu) the nvidia driver and reinstall it but it didn't change anything.

Could somebody help? Is this some sort of thermal problem or driver problem? Maybe faulty device?

(Also got a 180hz monitor used via hdmi 2.1, seems to work wonders, but wont be very useful if I dont get the most of the pc capabilities) Thanks you!
Ps: windows settings are already set to performance

Answers