upgrade CPU on a predator G3 - 710 Motherboard

toshiez
toshiez Member Posts: 2 New User

hi I have tried and upgrade my CPU with an i5 9400f but when I put it in Motherboard it won't turn on maybe I need to update Bois right now is bois R01 - A1 or what should I do?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,782 Trailblazer

Hi, upgrading the CPU on your Acer Predator G3-710 to an Intel Core i5-9400F isn’t possible due to chipset compatibility issues. The G3-710 uses a B150 chipset, which supports up to 7th generation Intel CPUs, such as the i7-7700K12. The i5-9400F is a 9th generation CPU, which requires a different chipset.

• toshiez
    toshiez Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks very much for the quick answer that help alot i will retune i5 9400f and buy a i7 7700K :) have a nicce day

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,429 Trailblazer

Just some additional information for you, if your G3-710 desktop has an i5-7600K cpu then you can upgrade the cpu to the higher and more powerful i7-7700K cpu Intel socket 1151 that Acer fitted to this desktops Intel B150 chipset mobo, and you can also upgrade the gpu to either an GTX1650Ti or an RTX2060 as this desktop has an ATX mobo plug with a 24pin PSU that can be upgraded easily with today's modular PSU of a higher wattage to accommodate a better gpu and improve performance, as its not only the cpu that will increase performance of your laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,387 Trailblazer

Also it's worth saying there will be very little change in performance between the two CPUs… We don't typically recommend a CPU change until all other avenues have been dealt with. SSD upgrade first, memory upgrade second, GPU upgrade third and CPU upgrade about sixteenth.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.