Acer Aspire All in One PC bluetooth is turned off and BIOS reset

YatHo
YatHo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 13 in All-In-One PCs

I have been experiencing issues with the bluetooh connection when I use it to connect to my Google Nest speaker. It always drops out so I have to reconnect it again by turning it off and back on. Today it happened again so I turned it off however the bluetooth toggle button disappeared right after I turned it off. It is completely gone.

When I went to device manager, the bluetooth has completely gone.

I then realise it is hidden for some reason, but when I unhide it, all bluetooth drive are all "disappeared" as if they were never installed.

I then read someone reported exactly same issue, apparently it is caused by some BIOS update that caused one of the USB device drive not working.

The post suggested that to fix the issue, I need to reset my BIOS back to default, so my question is how to open BIOS for my computer?

Your help is much appreciated.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,387 Trailblazer
    edited September 13

So, first question (as almost always) is what computer do you have? There have been a bunch of different Aspire all in ones over the years, and each has different hardware. Often the designs have a daughter card that handles WiFi and Bluetooth, but sometimes those functions are designed directly into the motherboard. What you are seeing is data on the internal USB port connected to that card or module getting corrupted. Sometimes a repair is a simple as removing the saved drivers and rebooting to force a reinstall, sometimes it's as bad as failed hardware…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,428 Trailblazer

Just some further advice, first uninstall the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers’ completely and reinstall the latest drivers for your Wi-Fi/BT card again, as the BT driver that you have in the AIO computer is corrupted and its best to reinstall both Wi-Fi and BT drivers with the latest version available for your AIO computer.

In future you can refresh both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers if they disconnect by doing the below:

Wi-Fi driver (it’s the same for the Bluetooth)

Go to > Device Manager > Network adapters > select the name of whichever Wi-Fi Card your laptop has > right click the card Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > and then pick the latest Wi-Fi driver that is in that list, and reinstall that driver, as afterwards your Wi-Fi should work,

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍