Issue with the Dedicated Graphics Card in ACER Nitro AN515-57 Laptop

Simon3112
Simon3112 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,
I'm writing because I have a problem with the GeForce RTX™ 3050Ti graphics card. The issue is that the card has lost its performance. When I launch a game, I experience a significant drop in FPS compared to previous performance. However, the problem disappears when I disable the graphics card in the device manager and then re-enable it. After that, the card works as it should, but once I restart the computer, the issue returns.

I thought the problem might be caused by the computer switching to the integrated graphics card, but I have everything set so that the system uses the dedicated, more powerful card during gaming. This is also confirmed by the "NVIDIA GPU Activity" tab, which shows the applications running on the dedicated card.

I have reset Windows, but it hasn't helped, and with my current knowledge, I don’t know what else to do. That's why I'm asking for assistance.

I apologize in advance for my English.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,428 Pathfinder
    edited September 12

I believe it's nvidia driver issue. Try this-

First thing Make sure CPU/GPU is not overheating or reaching temperatures to 90°C.

Disable Fast Startup

Fast Startup is a Windows feature that can sometimes cause issues with hardware. Disable it by following these steps:

1. Open the Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    2. Click on "Choose what the power buttons do."
    3. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable."
    4. Uncheck the "Turn on fast startup" option and save changes.

Perform a Clean Boot

Perform a clean boot to eliminate any potential software conflicts:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
    2. Type "msconfig" and press Enter.
    3. Go to the "Services" tab and check "Hide all Microsoft services."
    4. Click "Disable all" and then click "OK."
    5. Restart your computer.

Disable Overlays

Turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or NVIDIA Experience, as they can interfere with game performance.

Follow my Comment in below post is share-

You can follow this guide first: The Windows 10/11 Optimization Guide for Gaming available on the Acer Community.

Main Solution

A partial fix has been discovered. Perform a clean driver installation, then open the NVIDIA Control Panel as an administrator. Enable Developer Mode and change the settings to allow access for all users.

However, if you revert the changes or overload the PC, the FPS may drop again. Despite this, the current setup is sufficient for enjoying games.I believe the issue arises from a conflict between Intel and NVIDIA drivers, and a fix may be available soon.

Conclusion:

Since this is an issue that NVIDIA needs to address, we can implement temporary fixes in the meantime. As you mentioned, disabling and re-enabling the driver at every startup can help mitigate the problem.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Simon3112
    Simon3112 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your response. I followed all the recommendations above, but they didn't help. However, I decided to update the BIOS, and for now, everything seems to be working fine. So, if someone encounters a similar issue, this might help