Can i upgrade my ram speed In Acer nitro v15?

haisee
haisee Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited September 11 in Nitro Gaming

hi acer! i wanted to ask this since i bought this laptop. so i just bought an acer nitro v15 (RTX 4050 Intel i5-14320H with 8GB DDR5 5200MHz. so at this point i really want to upgrade my ram to 16GB. instead of upgrading my ram, can i upgrade my ram speed too? like 5200MHz to 5600MHz/6000MHz.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,756 Trailblazer

Hi, the Nitro V15 series come with a i5-13420H CPU not 14th Gen. if your laptop full model is ANV15-51 there are two SODIMMs to fit up to 32GB of DDR5-5200MHz RAM in dual-channel mode, maximum 16GB/slot (see Crucial links below). The only supported speed is 5200MT/s.

Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR5-5200 SODIMM | CT2K16G52C42S5 | Crucial.com
    Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR5-5200 SODIMM | CT2K8G52C42S5 | Crucial.com

• No, you can't update the speed. The maximum frequency supported by your laptop is determined by the OEM RAM you have. If you want to upgrade to dual-channel 16GB RAM, you should get compatible RAM with the same specifications, including the same CAS latency, voltage, DDR5 type, same frequency and JEDEC profile.

You can check RAM information using CPU-Z. CPU-Z will provide you with details about your RAM, including the model and serial number. You can then search for this information online to find the exact specifications.

Check out Crucial's website, as they offer highly compatible RAM for the Nitro 5.

(Before buying, make sure your laptop currently has a single 8GB RAM stick. If so, you can purchase another compatible 8GB RAM stick to upgrade to 16GB in dual-channel mode).

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,414 Trailblazer
    edited September 11

Just some further advice, as Acer contradicts its memory table specs above, I suggest that you first install CPUz and look in this software's SPD section for the exact ram specification that your Nitro ANV15-51 laptop is running on and try to match the exact ram specification speed type and if you can, the same manufacturer also, as that will make your ram be like a 2x ram kit that you can buy.

I don't know why Acer specifies DDR5-5200MT/s (have a look in Task Manager > Performance > Memory) for the exact memory speed that your laptop is ramming at now, as Acer specifies DDR505200MT/s but they suggest the DDR5-5600MT/s speed in the ANV15-51 laptops service guide FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) List. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

These are the Acer FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) List ram modules suggested to be used in this laptop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍