Mouse not working in Aspire TC-1750 desktop running Windows 11

Tomi17
Tomi17 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Aspire TC-1750, running Windows 11 and I have not done any upgrades to the BIOS. Occasionally the mouse and keyboard quit working. My only option is to power down and power back up to restore operation. Any idea on what to check?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Best Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

My TC-895 did that about a year or more ago.

I think that it was only on Texas Hold'em Poker with full display screen.

Task Manager was showing "Very High Power Usage" thus they shut down the USB's

As I remember, I did a recovery on WIN 10 or 11 BUT no good.

I left and came back later in the evening an it was OK and has never returned ??

I'll post a link to my post (here) if I can find it.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,562 Trailblazer
    edited August 27 Answer ✓

To explain it to you in more detail about the PSU and upgrading on your Aspire TC-1750, as this desktop has an Acer proprietary PSU of these specs"500W.100-127/220-240V~8/4A 50-60Hz.. PA-4501-1AC." and you need to know its exact ATX_12V - that is an Auxiliary 8-pin layout to be able to use an adapter 24pin to 8pin cable/plug so that you can upgrade the PSU to the new modular PSUs on the market today, so be aware of this first, as there are no for example 8pin above 500W ATX POWER PSUs that Acer provides for an upgrade. If you do an upgrade like this, you do so at your own risk as there is no 100% workable guide to connect an 8pin ATX POWER plug to an 24pin PSU and I suggest that you consult an experienced technician that has expertise in PSUs and this sort of modifications for it to work out for you 100%, I've given you all the information on both of the 8pin and 6pin pinouts for these plugs so that its a bit easier for you or whoever does this upgrade. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

The below caption at #18 and at #4 is the Aspire TC-1750 desktops ATX_12V - Auxiliary 8-pin power connector and an ATX_POWER - 6-pin ATX power connectors which are specific to the Aspire TC-1750 desktop mainboard:

Note: you can get an 8pin to 24pin adapter cable/plugs, but I don't know if this will work with the Aspire TC-1750 desktop 8pin ATX 12V plug and you can upgrade the Acer 500W proprietary PSU to the new 24pin modular PSUs of a higher wattage that are on the market today, read this article here "ATX Power Cables Guide: Everything You Need To Know" as this explains all the ATX power cables for a PC.

Below is the ATX POWER pin layouts for the 8pin lug and 6pin plug for your information.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• Larryodie
    Answer ✓

My TC-895 did that about a year or more ago.

I think that it was only on Texas Hold'em Poker with full display screen.

Task Manager was showing "Very High Power Usage" thus they shut down the USB's

As I remember, I did a recovery on WIN 10 or 11 BUT no good.

I left and came back later in the evening an it was OK and has never returned ??

I'll post a link to my post (here) if I can find it.

• Larryodie
  • Tomi17

Thanks for the reply. Power usage was not something I had considered. It affects both the keyboard and mouse which are both USB devices. I did try moving them different USB ports, but that made no difference.

It happens while simply using Microsoft Edge for Internet surfing. I will do more investigative work today and see what version BIOS the computer has installed, and/or try removing and reinstalling the drivers.

Thanks again.

• Larryodie

I've always used Chrome, I could make it happen by moving the mouse down near the bottom of the screen on Zynga Texas Hold'em. The mouse would get jerky, sometimes, I'd get a message about USB getting deleted, I could re-install the drivers to clear the message but it'd come back sometimes 10 minutes or more.

I'm not sure that I ever saw a FIX as most went away.

The mouse normally takes lots of power but with my Texas Hold'em it was taking to much.

I can't see the power usage on my task manager anymore ?? Just says Efficiency next to each process but I'm now at maximum 32 MB Ram.

• Larryodie

I assume that you have eliminated the mouse and Keyboard along with a bad USB jack ??

Cordless mouse have batteries too.

• Tomi17

Both devices are wired and I have tried other USB ports with no help. I did do an ACER Bios update the latest version this morning. I also noticed an entry in the device log from June of this year that may be clue, so will pursue that if the issue arises again. Right now, everything is working fine, so we will wait and see.

Thanks all for your advice and guidance.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,562 Trailblazer
    edited August 27 Answer ✓

To explain it to you in more detail about the PSU and upgrading on your Aspire TC-1750, as this desktop has an Acer proprietary PSU of these specs"500W.100-127/220-240V~8/4A 50-60Hz.. PA-4501-1AC." and you need to know its exact ATX_12V - that is an Auxiliary 8-pin layout to be able to use an adapter 24pin to 8pin cable/plug so that you can upgrade the PSU to the new modular PSUs on the market today, so be aware of this first, as there are no for example 8pin above 500W ATX POWER PSUs that Acer provides for an upgrade. If you do an upgrade like this, you do so at your own risk as there is no 100% workable guide to connect an 8pin ATX POWER plug to an 24pin PSU and I suggest that you consult an experienced technician that has expertise in PSUs and this sort of modifications for it to work out for you 100%, I've given you all the information on both of the 8pin and 6pin pinouts for these plugs so that its a bit easier for you or whoever does this upgrade. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

The below caption at #18 and at #4 is the Aspire TC-1750 desktops ATX_12V - Auxiliary 8-pin power connector and an ATX_POWER - 6-pin ATX power connectors which are specific to the Aspire TC-1750 desktop mainboard:

Note: you can get an 8pin to 24pin adapter cable/plugs, but I don't know if this will work with the Aspire TC-1750 desktop 8pin ATX 12V plug and you can upgrade the Acer 500W proprietary PSU to the new 24pin modular PSUs of a higher wattage that are on the market today, read this article here "ATX Power Cables Guide: Everything You Need To Know" as this explains all the ATX power cables for a PC.

Below is the ATX POWER pin layouts for the 8pin lug and 6pin plug for your information.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Tomi17

Thanks for PS Info. That I will definitely save and file away should I ever have to replace the PS at any time for any reason.