TC-895-UA92 Mouse dis-connecting, erratic and sometimes scrolls too far.

Larryodie
Larryodie Member Posts: 1,429 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
This problem started Friday night. I replaced the keyboard and mouse with the originals as I was using mouse & keyboard from an older HP, no help as the same problem.
I uninstall the driver and finally did a clean alt F-10.(wiped SSD and files) but no help.
Yesterday, It continued to act up until in the afternoon, and started working and today it is ALL OK ??
Basically the pointer would be hard to move, slow and start beep like the computer couldn't keep up. Then randomly, the USB would abort and I'd have to pull the mouse out and insert in a different port. 
Task manager showed no sign of slowness. Basically memory runs about 50%, CPU runs about 25% Max and GPU runs about 75% in Zynga Hold'em Poker. which is my largest video event. 
But it was doing it on Facebook, Yahoo and other news sources. No common program causing it. 
I have Malwares and Windows Security running full time, I turned them off but no help. 

I have a 2TB external hard drive which seem to be OK as the keyboard is. 
I did disconnect them as well as an idle printer.
I found no solution but the problem has disappeared. I'm leaning virus but the clean factory re-install should've eliminated that unless it slipped back in ??
It has been all OK for 12 hours today ? 
 I also did a F9 Bios which doesn't default to the OEM Bios as I had installed an update after I got the computer in December of 2020. The new bios shows the fan speed and temp status, the update is still installed after I did a F9.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Did you try moving the keyboard and mouse to different USB ports? Try putting them in the ports adjacent to the Ethernet port. Those are USB 2.0 which is better for use with low traffic peripherals like the keyboard and mouse.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Did you try moving the keyboard and mouse to different USB ports? Try putting them in the ports adjacent to the Ethernet port. Those are USB 2.0 which is better for use with low traffic peripherals like the keyboard and mouse.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Yes, I tried it (The Mouse) in different ports. I always had to switch ports to get it re-installed after Windows deleted it.
    It has worked all day today without incident. 
  • billsey
    Keep monitoring it. Typically erratic mouse behavior means something is grabbing the bus and then not releasing it fast enough so when it is available the mouse jumps to the new position. That's usually an errant driver or app running in the background. If we can narrow it down to happening only when something else is running then we can look at the something else...
  • Larryodie
    Thanks billsey, so far so good. 

• SydneyB
    SydneyB Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having a similar problem.  I generally use a wireless logi mouse and it began double/triple clicking and in other ways being non-responsive.  I move it to a different USP port with no change.  I then took out a wired mouse and it seemed great for about 30 seconds and then started doing the same thing.  I have tried plugging this in the ports near the ethernet because I have to get down on the floor on my back to do that, of which I am not a fan or doing.  The computer is only a couple of months old, so I feel like I need to check in with Acer to see what they have to say.  This is maddening!
  • SydneyB
    SydneyB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Another thing it is doing is completely closing down windows on my desktop - not just closing them down, but totally exiting the program and dismissing me from a website.  What could this be?
  • Larryodie
    Mine has never done it again in 9 months. 

• Larryodie
    As I remember my mouse kept disconnecting and Windows had to re-install the driver every time. I had maybe 3 different wired mouse.
    I really think that it was something that Zynga Poker did, maybe a virus. 
    I had run Malewarebytes and have Windows Security installed. 
    Google " acer computer mouse jerks and reboot" for more information as it's common. 
  • Larryodie
    I had done a complete Alt-F10 install but he problem was still there, it was more like the computer couldn't keep up with the mouse. Task Manager didn't show except the 75% usage of Zynga Poker.