Laptop not charging, when I plug in the charger starts charging and then suddenly stops.

PrinceRamos
PrinceRamos Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited August 23 in TravelMate and Extensa
my laptop when I plug in the charger starts charging and then suddenly stops

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,387 Pathfinder

Try performing battery reset-

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset

If your still laptop charges briefly and then stops, it may be due to several issues:

1. Charger Compatibility: Ensure you are using the correct wattage charger for your laptop. Insufficient power can cause charging interruptions. Need to check charger if it supplying enough current.
    2. Battery Health: The battery may be failing. Consider running diagnostics or replacing it if it's old or damaged.
    3. Charging Port: Inspect the charging port for damage or debris that could disrupt the connection. A loose or damaged port may require repair.
    4. Software Issues: Uninstall and reinstall the battery drivers via Device Manager to reset any software conflicts.

If these steps do not resolve the issue. Visit nearest acer service for checking and repair. They can check charger current.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,143 Pathfinder

@PrinceRamos

Try windows + x

Go to device manager

expand battery

uninstall all the drivers

restart the computer.

It should install the drivers automatically

It should work fine now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 475

I am sorry you are having this issue with the laptop. When you are using battery only, does the percentage goes down over time?

When it is charging, does it charge up to a certain perfectage only and then stays on that, or it just won't increase no matter what starting perfectage you might have? Some computer manufacturers have preinstalled power or energy management app, where some optimization is enabled to prevent battery from charging to 100%. Just want to make sure that's not the case for yours.

Otherwise, consider reinstalling the battery driver. Go to Device Manager, click to expand the battery section. Right click on each item listed and uninstall it. There should be two of them. Uninstall both. Restart the computer and see if it helps.

The next option can get a bit technical. It is a hard reset.

Make sure you unplug the computer from the charter. Turn the computer. off.

Open the back of the device and remove the battery.

Press and hold down the computer's power button for at least 30 seconds to discharge its capacitors completely

Then you can put the battery back on. Turn your computer on and plug the charger back.

——————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,324 Trailblazer

We can not provide anything other than those general suggestions without knowing what laptop you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. When charging stops on most recent laptops it's because the battery is reporting that it's full. When that happens and the battery is not actually full, it is an indication that the internal data the battery keeps is corrupted, hence the suggestions to do a reset to try and get the battery stats cleaned up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.