ME 16.1.30.2361, Is it fix for raptor lake CPUs? PO3-655 has Original BIOS, PO3-650 has two updates

Sunnycoast
Sunnycoast Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited August 9 in Predator Desktops

Update ME version to 16.1.30.2361 version

Is this the new Intel micro code update to fix over voltage on raptor lake CPUs ?

Showing up for my Acer Predator (I am still on the original BIOS as no new BIOS is listed for my PO3-655 (but there are two updates for the PO3-650)

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Predator_PO3-655/downloads?suggest=po3;0#:~:text=BIOS/Firmware%20(1),-Application%20(3)

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,508 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

The Intel Management Engine (ME) firmware version 16.1.30.2361 is a recent update, but it is not the microcode update to fix the overvoltage issue on Raptor Lake CPUs. The microcode update is a separate BIOS update from Intel or your motherboard manufacturer.

The ME firmware is a separate component from the BIOS and microcode. It provides low-level management and security functions. Updating the ME firmware alone will not resolve the Raptor Lake overvoltage problem.

To fix the overvoltage issue, you need to update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version provided by the manufacturer If available. That BIOS update will include the necessary microcode update from Intel to address the Raptor Lake CPU overvoltage bug

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Sunnycoast

Thanks for the help - appreciate it.

Tried using the update but despite being listed on my product page, the install says not compatible.

This is why I hesitate updating BIOS or other drivers from Acer. When I check documentation via Acer install files or via third parties for the drivers etc, they are not even for my model.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,625 Trailblazer

The PO3-650 and PO3-655 have different motherboards, hence the different BIOS versions. You shouldn't be able to install the wrong BIOS…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sunnycoast
    edited August 29

I was able to actually.

I decided to go ahead and I updated the BIOS on my PO3-655 (R01-A1) yesterday without issue using the PO3-650 BIOS update listed by ACER (R01-A2).

My serial number identifies my computer as a PO3-650 but it is actually a PO3-655.

Looks like SteveGen was right - see his answer in my thread below from a while back.

Predator po3-655 Product code wrong — Acer Community

• Sunnycoast
    edited 2:35AM

Microcode BIOS fix has been pushed to the support page for my PO3-650 (PO3-655).

Installed.

R01-A3

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/PO3-650/DG.BK4SA.006/downloads#:~:text=MCU%200x129%20update%20for%20the%20Intel%2013th%20and%2014th%20Generation%20CPU%20issue.