Predator po3-655 Product code wrong

Sunnycoast
Sunnycoast Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited January 26 in Predator Desktops

I bought a new Predator po3-655 2 days ago and the invoice lists it as a 655 (Nvidia 4060 GPU)

However, supplying the serial number on the registration page shows it is a po3-650.

I'm trying to find software updates but unsure which product model to select.

For example, bios updates were released recently for both models but I do not want to trash the PC by installing the wrong bios.

I tried using the Acer Care software but it said no updates even though updates appear on the Acer download pages.

Ive also found out that Predator Sense ver 3 works fine but the suggested update to version 4 will not detect fans etc.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,618 Trailblazer
    edited January 26 Answer ✓

The PO3-655 is a newer model than the PO3-650 and has some improvements over the older model. If you look at the Acer Support for the PO3-655 that you have its the same as the PO3-650 as these two desktops are the same except the PO3-655 might have few upgraded variations in its specs and options. The latest bios version for the PO3-650 is the R01-A2 as and if you look at the PO3-655 bios it doesn't have any bios files as you need to use the PO3-650 files. Be assured that the Predator Orion 3000 PO3-650 and the PO3-655 are the same desktops and use the same bios drivers. Good luck and hope this clears thing up for you,

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,618 Trailblazer
    edited January 26 Answer ✓

The PO3-655 is a newer model than the PO3-650 and has some improvements over the older model. If you look at the Acer Support for the PO3-655 that you have its the same as the PO3-650 as these two desktops are the same except the PO3-655 might have few upgraded variations in its specs and options. The latest bios version for the PO3-650 is the R01-A2 as and if you look at the PO3-655 bios it doesn't have any bios files as you need to use the PO3-650 files. Be assured that the Predator Orion 3000 PO3-650 and the PO3-655 are the same desktops and use the same bios drivers. Good luck and hope this clears thing up for you,

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Sunnycoast
    edited January 26

Thanks for the quick reply and information.

The Acer registration page registers the serial number as a 650, hence my confusion.

I'll stick with the 655 downloads in that case and not update the Bios.

No idea why PredatorSense version 4 wont detect fans etc on the 655.

• Sunnycoast

Looks like all the drivers on the product download page for the 655 are older versions compared to what is on my computer. I did not update any myself although Windows 11 update has installed some.

Acer appears to have dated the drivers on their download page as the date they added them, not the version date.

Not sure why my drivers are newer (except for the MS ones).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,625 Trailblazer

MS installs most new drivers for you, and not from the Acer support pages. It's typical that the Windows update drivers will be newer than what shipped originally, and the original shipping version is what Acer will have on their support site.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sunnycoast

My product download page has drivers dated January 2024 however.

There is also a bios update recently added but I’m wary of those as I bricked a previous desktop with a failed bios install

I don’t trust what is on the product page so will just let Microsoft do its thing.