Aspire TC-875 keeps getting Windows error "Critical Process Died" code

JeffW2015
JeffW2015 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

About 2 days ago my girlfriends Aspire TC-875 began getting the Windows error code, "Critical Process Died".

I've tried a few things that both Microsoft Support and some people in the Microsoft Community suggested, with no success. (Like I've tried to boot into Safemode, also with no success)

I have a dock and know how to use it and I've opened the computer to see where the SSD is and it's in a very awkward place.

My question is, where can I get information on accessing the SSD? I have knowledge and experience with building a computer, but I want to make sure I do this correctly so as not to damage anything.

Is there any technical literature available? This computer is only about 2 to 3 years old.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This is the Aspire TC-875 M.2 SSD installation process as per its SG, the removal is the reverse of installation. I'm also including all the M.2 SSD drives that Acer fits to this desktop, but I suggest that you buy a quicker M.2 SSD drive than what Acer fits oem to this desktop. Go to Toms Hardware SSD Benchmarks Hierarchy 2024 and chose the fastest PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD drive of either a 1TB or a 2TB to install into this desktop as that is the drive that is appropriate to the Aspire TC-875 M.2 slot. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

The M.2 SSD slot is at #8 on the caption below:

This is how you remove the M.2 SSD drive

OEM Acer fitted PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD drives

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,166 Trailblazer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

Are you seeing that error in a BSOD? Typically they also show the offending module, which can help pin the issue down. It's much more likely a corrupted or buggy app or driver than hardware. You can access the SSD fairly easily by pulling the SATA power connectors. I don't think that accessing the SSD will help any here, unless it has gone bad, and that's more easily diagnosed from within the OS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JeffW2015

Tinkerer

I already took the SSD out and can't access it in Windows. I'm going to let a friend try to access it in a distribution of Linux that he has but I think the SSD died.

So, my question is, does anyone know if I can buy from Acer the same SSD?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This is the Aspire TC-875 M.2 SSD installation process as per its SG, the removal is the reverse of installation. I'm also including all the M.2 SSD drives that Acer fits to this desktop, but I suggest that you buy a quicker M.2 SSD drive than what Acer fits oem to this desktop. Go to Toms Hardware SSD Benchmarks Hierarchy 2024 and chose the fastest PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD drive of either a 1TB or a 2TB to install into this desktop as that is the drive that is appropriate to the Aspire TC-875 M.2 slot. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

The M.2 SSD slot is at #8 on the caption below:

This is how you remove the M.2 SSD drive

OEM Acer fitted PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD drives

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• JeffW2015

Tinkerer

This helps. I contacted Acer Store and got assistance, too.

Thank you.

Jeff W.