Predator Helios Neo 16 [PHN16-71] Screen Flickering Issues

Options
Ararin
Ararin Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 29 in Predator Laptops

Please help me…

Within just a few days of getting this gaming laptop, I've encountered screen flickering issues. I tried solving it first by uninstalling drivers, updating them, changing the screen refresh rate, etc. but the issue still persisted.

So, I took it to the main service center in my country and they replaced the LCD. However, just within a few days of using it, I'm encountering the same issue again..I thought it was weird because they "repaired" and when they had it tested, there were no issues..This flickering happens spontaneously too.

I don't want to wait for another month to have it diagnosed and fixed again as much as possible..This seems to be a very common problem for this laptop..

I have attached a link to a video of the issue for reference. You can see how the text just "shakes" and images too..

edit: if needed, I could provide more videos!

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 345
    Options

How to Solve the Screen Flickering Issue:-

Right-click on the blank area of the PC screen and choose Display settings.
    Under Multiple displays, select Advanced display settings.
    Click Display adapter properties for Display 1.
    Click the Monitor tab, change the Screen refresh rate. Then click Apply > OK.

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

• ibsa1em
    ibsa1em Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited June 30
    Options

I have the same problem!
    But I noticed that the problem occurs when browsing on Firefox

I searched for many solutions and updated the BIOS, but the problem still appears

How can the problem be referred to Acer technical support?
    It is a common problem for this laptop, and they need to solve the problem as soon as possible

• yairr5
    yairr5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same situation, seems this laptop has problems running at 165hz, so I adjusted it to 120 hz but I still had the problem in full screen video, nevertheless, windows 11 doesn't let you change the active screen fresh rate.

So I found this video to set the screen fresh rate of the active screen and it worked! :)