Aspire 3 15 battery light indicator not working but when I checked the battery status it's charging.

EdjielynMae_Moneva37
EdjielynMae_Moneva37 Member Posts: 2 New User

hi, just bought my acer aspire 3 15 this week. I charged it last night but I noticed this morning that the battery light indicator is not working. When I checked the battery status, it's charging.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I don't know which exact Aspire 3 model number you have as saying Aspire 3 15 means nothing even if its new, is it the A315-58-36FN or the A315-58-3433  or the A315-58-57FL etc etc as these are all new Aspire 3 15s

Try to see if there is a battery reset pin underneath the laptop, see this Acer guide Acer Internal Battery Reset or if you don't have that reset feature underneath the laptop, then try to press the power key button for 10 seconds to reset the laptop battery that way, otherwise and as your laptop is under Acer warranty, send/take your laptop to Acer tech support in your country and don't open or try to do a hard rest which entails opening the back cover of the laptop and taking both main batteries out and the RTC/BIOS batteries out to reset this laptop, let Acer tech do that for you and fix any faulty components. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I don't know which exact Aspire 3 model number you have as saying Aspire 3 15 means nothing even if its new, is it the A315-58-36FN or the A315-58-3433  or the A315-58-57FL etc etc as these are all new Aspire 3 15s

Try to see if there is a battery reset pin underneath the laptop, see this Acer guide Acer Internal Battery Reset or if you don't have that reset feature underneath the laptop, then try to press the power key button for 10 seconds to reset the laptop battery that way, otherwise and as your laptop is under Acer warranty, send/take your laptop to Acer tech support in your country and don't open or try to do a hard rest which entails opening the back cover of the laptop and taking both main batteries out and the RTC/BIOS batteries out to reset this laptop, let Acer tech do that for you and fix any faulty components. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• EdjielynMae_Moneva37
    EdjielynMae_Moneva37 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you so much!
    I also researched about charging that automatically stops at 80%. My battery was optimized to extend battery life, it doesn't allow full charging so I just turned it off in the AcerSense. Thank you again!