Constant BSOD Predator Helios Neo 16 PHN16-72

ALirezaFruit
ALirezaFruit Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Hi everyone. I am constantly getting BSOD on my predator helios neo 16. it has i9-14900hx and 4070 gpu. each time there is a new error and I"m not getting the same error several time. and before someone says something basic like update driver and windows or roll back updates, I should say I have done those. If someone has a professional idea on how it may be fixed, I would truly appreciate it.

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 540

One of the most common errors your computer may experience is the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error. This error occurs when the operating system encounters a critical error that it cannot recover from. When
    this happens, the Windows crashes and displays a blue screen with an error message.

While Windows 11 has been designed to be more stable and reliable than previous versions, there is always a risk of encountering a BSOD error. Various reasons such as software conflicts, hardware issues, or corrupted system files can all cause your computer to bluescreen. Windows 11 includes new features to minimize the risk of BSOD errors, such as improved error handling and more robust memory
    management. If you encounter a blue screen, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Restart your computer: Sometimes the BSOD is just a temporary glitch, and restarting your computer can resolve the issue.
    2. Check for updates:
      Make sure that your Windows 11 is up-to-date with the latest updates and patches. Microsoft often releases updates that address security
      issues and bugs that can cause BSOD.
    3. Run a virus scan: Use Windows Defender or your antivirus software to scan your system for any malware that may be causing the BSOD.
    4. Uninstall recently installed software or hardware: If you recently installed new software or hardware before the BSOD started to appear, try uninstalling
      it and see if the problem persists.
    5. Restore your operating system:
      If you are getting persistent BSODs and are unable to identify the root cause of the problem, you can try restoring your operating to factory settings. Make sure you choose the option to Keep My Files so you do not lose your information during this process.

• bosco1234
    bosco1234 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 24

I had the same issue. Acer technician changed 1 of the 16 gb ram (original Acer ram) and retain the other 3rd party free upgraded 16 gb ram. BSOD still happened. He recommended to format, and matters got worst…. wasted 1 whole day on trying to get the basic "PredatorSense" to make sense, and I can't get the Blue Light Shield to turn off (like this other person). Am a photographer and it messed up the colours with SpyderXPro. When the laptop is first in use, I didn't even encounter this.

And I must also say….. I did all the things that I can find online (first page of Google searches), more than what Axxo mentioned as well, including variations (cloud reset, local restore). Now I haven't encounter BSOD (cos not working anything for it to crash), but I can't proceed further with installing back my softwares to proceed with work…… in case it's waste effort to "reset the PC" again to "try". I need it to be colour accurate.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/707599/cant-turn-off-blue-light-shield-from-predator-sense