Acer a514-56p charges for a while then stops charging at all

Options
Sufyan_Abbasi2911
Sufyan_Abbasi2911 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 25 in Aspire Laptops

Dear Acer community,

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a persistent issue with my laptop, purchased on November 10, 2023. Over the past two days, I have encountered significant problems with charging and the display functionality, and despite numerous troubleshooting efforts, the issues remain unresolved.

Charging Issue

Whenever I plug in the charger, the laptop charges for a few minutes before ceasing to charge altogether, with no charging indicator displayed. Below are the steps I have taken to diagnose and resolve the issue:

1. Driver Updates and Power Shutdowns:
    • Updated battery drivers.
    • Performed power shutdowns and resets.
  2. Charger Verification:
    • Initially suspected the charger was faulty. After leaving it plugged in for 15 minutes before connecting to the laptop, the issue persisted, indicating the charger might not be the problem.

Display Issue

Additionally, I encountered a display malfunction recently. While I was able to temporarily resolve the display issue by following online tutorials, this recurring problem raises concerns about the overall reliability of the laptop.

Battery Health Report

Below is the battery health report for your review:

Request for Assistance

Given that the laptop is still within its warranty period, I request your immediate assistance in addressing these issues. Kindly provide guidance on the following:

1. Further Troubleshooting Steps: Any additional steps or diagnostics that I can perform to resolve the charging issue.
  2. Service or Replacement: Information on how to proceed with a warranty claim for repair or replacement, if necessary.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and a swift resolution to these issues.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers