MY ACER NITRO 5 AN515-58, IS NOT DETECTING GPU, even in Nvidia control panel GPU not detected

Options
mohsaid
mohsaid Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

MY ACER NITRO 5 AN515-58, IS NOT DETECTING GPU, even in Nvidia control panel GPU not detected

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @mohsaid Is the card recognized in BIOS?
    Before the problem, did you make any changes or installations to the equipment?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• mohsaid

Tinkerer

Options

hi it dont apper in the bios i did restart it to defult

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,788 Trailblazer
    Options

If BIOS does not recognize the card, it is quite likely that there is a physical problem with the card. I rule out that it is a connection problem because it is integrated into a chip.
    I don't know what the problem could be, try accessing it in safe mode to rule it out:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options

(1) What BIOS version number is installed?

(2) Please post a screenshot of Device Manager as it automatically opens. Do not manually expand any folders.

Jack E/NJ

• mohsaid

Tinkerer

Options

did try everything i did downlode the latesr vertion for the bios

• JackE
    Options

(1) Did you manually expand the Display Adapter folder? Or did Device Manager automatically expand the folder?

(2) Did GPU disappear suddenly for no apparent reason? How long ago?

Jack E/NJ

• mohsaid

Tinkerer

Options

i did expand the adapetr and i did try hidden devices im faceing a proplem that i read about allot of other users they are all faceing the same proplem

• JackE
    Options

Did GPU disappear suddenly for no apparent reason? How long ago?

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited May 5
    Options

The gpu on your AN515-58 laptop should be detected 100% if its working 100%, a gpu none detect issue like you are having could be a fault from numerous sources, best is to take your laptop to Acer Tech Support and get them to analyze your laptop gpu and vram as a fault like this will not be fixed with a reset of any sort, as the gpu chip could be shorted out or might just need to be refloated or its vram is faulty which all means that you will need a new mainboard or if you don't want to replace the mainboard then use the Intel graphics. The Nitro 5 AN515-58 is still under the Acer 2 years warranty and the NVidia gpu should be covered under that warranty and Acer should replace your mainboard if the gpu or vram is faulty. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍