MY ACER NITRO 5 AN515-55, IS NOT DETECTING GPU, even in Nvidia control panel GPU not detected

Options
Malaria
Malaria Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Ive done everything such as restarting it again and again, its just not detecting gpu, whenever i open Geforce experience, or nvidia control panel, it is showing no gpu detected, please help, i have uninstalled them too and reinstalled them, its the same thing, the fans are running on both gpu and cpu, i dont know whats happening please help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Malaria
    Options
    My laptop is running windows 11, it was fine till like 10 days ago the last i checked but its showing not detected 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    what shows under device manager under display adapters? If itsnot there try a battery reset, it will either be a little hole on the bottom of the laptop, or if there isnt one holding the power buttong down for 20 seconds while off
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Malaria,

Check if the Graphic Card is disabled
    In the Device Manager, go to Display Adapter and expand it. Check if your graphics card is listed. Right-click on the Graphics card and select Properties. Go to the Driver tab and check if the Enable button is available.
  • Malaria
    Options
    no its not listed there, its listed in hidden devices and i have done everything such as updating the driver and all but its still showing in hidden devices and its showing:    
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    If battery disconnect doesn't work, you can try running the battery down to totaly empty , or forcing a bios update 

The first two will cause the lappy to power down and hopefully re detect the decide , the bios update would re enumerate devices on first boot 

If that doesn't work it may be an RMA jobby :( 
  • Remliel
    Remliel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue with an Nvidia GTX 1050 in an Acer AN5. Back in April the GPU got disconnected and couldn't find a solution, then by the end of may the GPU magically connected itself. And by mid June, it disconnected again and currently am without a working Nvidia GPU.
  • AYS0000
    AYS0000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Did you find anything I'm having the same problem with my NITRO 5 AN-515-55

I have tried

• 305kore
    305kore Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue, GPU was working fine till I moved to windows 11

• boltzmannC
    boltzmannC Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have Acer nitro 5 AN515 54. The Nvidia Geforce GTX gpu is not visible in both Device Manager (not even in hidden mode) and anywhere. And the HDMI is not working either. I install Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and the GPU is not detected still. Is this a hardware problem? Many report similar problem for Acer notebooks.

• ALANGESTER
    ALANGESTER Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options

I have Acer nitro 5 AN515 55. The Nvidia Geforce GTX GPU is not visible in Device Manager (not even in stealth mode) or anywhere. And HDMI doesn't work either. Is this a hardware problem? How can I solve it?

• MadGoose
    MadGoose Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I donot understand the need for your community page, as a vendor a tech should be showing ownership to respond to an open thread

• mohsaid
    mohsaid Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

hello i have the same proplem for 15-58 did someone fix the proplem plz acer respond to us