SW5-011 my drive and keep getting error message "No Bootable Device"

Options
Nadare
Nadare Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 12 in Switch Series

my issue is similar to the old post found here:

however, when I try to load CMD and do a diskpart command, nothing shows up. When I try to start from a bootable USB media containing Windows 10 setup, I can see the actual storage device (eMMC) from the choices but after rebooting from installing Windows 10, system still can't locate my drive and keep getting error message "No Bootable Device"

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,599 Trailblazer
    Options

Switch 10 2014, If your model has the 500GB HDD "spinner" it may need to be replaced after 8 years, consider a 2.5" Sata-3 SSD like the Samsung 870 Evo 1TB. If no removable storage there is not much you can do other than bringing it to an Acer accredited workshop near you.

• Nadare
    Nadare Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

thanks for your reply… no, mine doesn't have any HDD or SSD installed on it, just the onboard eMMC. Well, I'm also thinking the same thing… it might be possible that it's "near to being dead" already and will drop it off to an acer shop instead.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

That is almost always a failure of the eMMC. The SW5-011 design has no provisions for a second drive, so you are out of luck for any repair that will be affordable. Look at the newer Spin designs for a replacement for a Switch…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.