Acer 15.6" Predator Helios 3D 15 Gaming Laptop SpatialLabs Edition ram, possible to upgrade RAM

Options
Ocean_storm
Ocean_storm Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in SpatialLabs

I was considering purchasing a Acer 15.6" Predator Helios 3D 15 Gaming Laptop SpatialLabs Edition since it was on sale and $800 off. I really like the specs and everything on the laptop and I like the 3d modeling capabilities. However even with the $800 discount the laptop is still $3,000 which is a lot and it has 32 gb of ram which is a lot more than I have now.

However for the same price I can get a ProArt Studiobook 16 3D OLED (H7604) with upgraded 64 gb of ram and two 2 tb ssd gen 4 and have it be slightly cheaper.

But I like the 3d technology of the Helios more. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to upgrade the ram of the helios to 64 gb after purchasing it? I game sometimes but the main reason I want the laptop is for video editing and 3d modeling and I like how the helios has a better gpu.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    edited March 24
    Options

The Predator Helios 3D 15 Gaming Laptop SpatialLabs has a designated main model number listed as PH3D15-71-xxxx and comes in different versions, but its ram max capacity is the same in all versions of this laptop, oem its fitted with a setup of 32GB of DDR5-5600Mhz type ram but this laptop (see caption below) can be upgraded to 64GB max total of RRD5-5600Mhz type ram also. The modules below are only a guide from Acer of what they fit into this laptop with their oem 32GB ram by Acer, to find out the exact 64GB spec ram consult Acer or Crucial ram for further information as Acer does not list the specs for this laptop 64GB ram upgrade specs as shown below. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍