Memory upgrade on Aspire TC-710, it has only 8GB of RAM and I was wondering how I can add more RAM

Options
Babak007
Babak007 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer desktop, Model: Aspire TC-710

s/n : DTB15AA011

it has only 8GB of RAM and I was wondering how I can add more RAM to it.

F3-1600C11S-8GNT

and where should I buy one?

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• puli
    puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Looks like you can buy another stick of RAM from this website Newegg:

To upgrade, you will need to power off and unplug the computer, then remove the LEFT side panel if you are facing the computer from the FRONT.

You might have already done this to see your current stick of RAM. In the picture there are two sticks inserted into the slots right next to the CPU fan. The sticks have those white squares at the top and bottom. To put a new stick in, make sure you line up the notch of the slot to the notch in the RAM.

Then push the RAM down into the slot until The square tabs at the top and bottom both CLICK. It might take a bit of force.

• puli
    Options

Sorry for answering in parts but I could not answer all in one post - the website would not publish my answer? Here is a picture of lining up the notches:

• puli
    Options

Here is a picture of pushing the ram into the slot:

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,425 Trailblazer
    edited March 6
    Options

Your desktop has 2 RAM slots that support each up to 16GB modules, (32GB total). RAM needs to be 1600 MT/s 240-pin DDR3L 1.35V UDIMM. You can add 1 x 8GB UDIMM to the present DDR3 module, but the new module must be identical, best to buy a kit (2x 8GB) that will run in Dual Channel mode (see Crucial link below)

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct2k102464bd160b/ct9393063

• puli
    Options

Looks like you can buy another stick of RAM from this website Newegg:

To upgrade, you will need to power off and unplug the computer, then remove the LEFT side panel if you are facing the computer from the FRONT.

You might have already done this to see your current stick of RAM. In the picture there are two sticks inserted into the slots right next to the CPU fan. The sticks have those white squares at the top and bottom. To put a new stick in, make sure you line up the notch of the slot to the notch in the RAM like the pictures below:

Then push the RAM down into the slot until The square tabs at the top and bottom both CLICK. It might take a bit of force.

If you have any questions let me know

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@Babak007

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too. 

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★