Upgrading RAM on Aspire TC-710

Options
ShahabM
ShahabM Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I have an Aspire TC-710 , SN#: DTB15AA0, SNID 545019,which currently has 16 GB of RAM.  I wanted to know if I could increase the RAM on the system by replacing the 2 8GB Memory modules with higher capacity modules? 
The motherboard manufacturer is:
Product      : Aspire TC-710
Manufacturer : Acer
SerialNumber : DBB15
Version      : V:1.1

BIOS Version:
Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.
SerialNumber : DTB15
Version      : ACRSYS - 1072009

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,891 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, your system supports up to 16GB modules, so 32GB in total. You have to replace both 8GB modules with two new 16GB modules. They need to be 1600 MT/s 240-pin DDR3L 1.35V UDIMM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, your system supports up to 16GB modules, so 32GB in total. You have to replace both 8GB modules with two new 16GB modules. They need to be 1600 MT/s 240-pin DDR3L 1.35V UDIMM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ShahabM
    Options
    thank you for the information, any advice on where to purchase?
  • billsey
    Options
    It's different for different locales. I usually source from Amazon, but there might be somewhere better for you.
  • ShahabM
    Options
    I can't seem to find 2x16 Gb modules.  Since I currently have Kingston memory installed, I contacted Kingston to see if they could help.  The rep I talked to said that the system only supported 16 GB max.
  • billsey
    Options
    Here's the relevant bit from the service guide:
    And it was a challenge to find them in the standard desktop uDIMM. Here's a link to Crucial. It doesn't look like Kingston offers one.