I have A NITRO AN5 15-58 RTX 3060 GPU Why Acer don't Update their Own Drivers ?.

23206187934 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited January 31 in Nitro Gaming

my Question Is Why Am I Offered Intel Driver For ARC , But A Warning Is There About Contacting Acer about Their Driver Updates As Intel Will Overwrite OEM Drivers. Why Are There No Drivers for Acer OEM Drivers. Since Intel Will Overwrite Acers OEM Drivers I Find This A Bit crazy , Why Don't Acer Have their Own Driver Updates as The care Centre Has Not Had 1 Update For my PC . Explain Please Why Acer don't Update their Own Drivers ?. Apart From Checking Battery Etc There Is Nothing Why?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Contrary to what others are posting in this community I recommend refraining from downloading and installing any 3rd-party drivers on an Acer PC and don't rely on Acer Care Center (and don't use Battery charge limiter apps) IMO, ACC does not work properly in W11. Don't worry if you see drivers with older dates on the Acer Support site for your model. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Enable Advanced Optional Updates in Windows "Check for Updates" app, and when firmware/BIOS is offered you can accept that as it was released by Acer but be very wary of driver or unknown devices updates being offered.

• Puraw
    Answer ✓

Generally speaking, it is safe to assume that drivers offered (other than during a reset or clean install) as optional updates by Windows are safe to accept but I had some drivers offered for USB devices I may have used in the past and arbitrary Intel updates (MEI, etc.) that I later had to uninstall because of issues.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,449 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

If you have the Acer oem Intel graphics drivers then windows update will update them, as they are old, if you want the latest Intel drivers then install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan but both the Acer Intel drivers and the Intel graphics drivers will be changed no matter what to whatever windows update has as a latest Intel driver for your laptop, its not the same with NVidia as the NVidia graphics only gets installed when you do a clean install of windows by windows update. This is what I've found happens with my Nitro AN515-58 over the last 2 years, whch should be happening with your AN515-58 also, run the latest Intel, NVidia drivers as you don't have an AMD system which allot worse with drivers that are giving users problems. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Cheers Mate straight Forward & To The Point , Well answered .Don't Think Acer Really Do Anything. Leave It up to Others. my First Acer, Other OEM's Actually Have Support . Cheers Mate .

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Yea I Install Offered Windows 11 Drivers (Optional As Well) I Well Understand About Nvidia Drivers , Seems To me That ACER Don't Bother Except For BIOS /Firmware That's About It So It Seems. My next Purchase I Think May Be Another Build As This Is the First acer , Probably Last? . Cheers Mate For Your Response It's What I'd Thought Myself. Looking For Some confirmation . Thanks

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

About The Battery , After Monthly Updates From Microsoft They Tend To Reset or Change Settings Back to the Way They Want Them As Far as I Have Noticed. You (not You Personally) Need To Use Workarounds To Keep Things From Resetting . Thanks For Your Answer . But Since ACER Don't Seem To Have Updates Even Through Their Care Centre (Not 1) I Tend To Just Use Windows Updates & Drivers. Thanks Mate Well Answered.

Answers

• Puraw
    Answer ✓

Contrary to what others are posting in this community I recommend refraining from downloading and installing any 3rd-party drivers on an Acer PC and don't rely on Acer Care Center (and don't use Battery charge limiter apps) IMO, ACC does not work properly in W11. Don't worry if you see drivers with older dates on the Acer Support site for your model. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Enable Advanced Optional Updates in Windows "Check for Updates" app, and when firmware/BIOS is offered you can accept that as it was released by Acer but be very wary of driver or unknown devices updates being offered.

• OHello! The manufacturer acer only optimizes the drivers provided by Intel, NVidia and AMD. Drivers provided by Intel are compatible with the device.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Answer ✓

Generally speaking, it is safe to assume that drivers offered (other than during a reset or clean install) as optional updates by Windows are safe to accept but I had some drivers offered for USB devices I may have used in the past and arbitrary Intel updates (MEI, etc.) that I later had to uninstall because of issues.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,449 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

If you have the Acer oem Intel graphics drivers then windows update will update them, as they are old, if you want the latest Intel drivers then install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan but both the Acer Intel drivers and the Intel graphics drivers will be changed no matter what to whatever windows update has as a latest Intel driver for your laptop, its not the same with NVidia as the NVidia graphics only gets installed when you do a clean install of windows by windows update. This is what I've found happens with my Nitro AN515-58 over the last 2 years, whch should be happening with your AN515-58 also, run the latest Intel, NVidia drivers as you don't have an AMD system which allot worse with drivers that are giving users problems. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Tinkerer

Cheers Mate Acer Seem To Have No Support At all Their Care Centre Seems To Be Just Bloatware As It Dose Nothing . again Cheers for A Clear Concise Answer.

Tinkerer

I Have Intel Support Windows Updates all You Have Said , Bugs Me As my First Acer , Used Others Before Which Actual OEM Support , It Was The Intel Warnings That I was Unsure About As They Say To Check ACER . Cheers Mate , Nice One.

Tinkerer

Its Like They Leave Everything up To Other Providers To update Their Systems . Thanks for The Clear Answer mate . Nice One

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Cheers Mate straight Forward & To The Point , Well answered .Don't Think Acer Really Do Anything. Leave It up to Others. my First Acer, Other OEM's Actually Have Support . Cheers Mate .

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Allow only Security updates Disable all other updates in Windows 10/11, only push updates after they are at least 6 months old so they have time for the bugs to be worked out. Only use Drivers Provided by Acer for the first 2 years. if you update a driver and have new issues revert to the previously used driver.

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Yea I Install Offered Windows 11 Drivers (Optional As Well) I Well Understand About Nvidia Drivers , Seems To me That ACER Don't Bother Except For BIOS /Firmware That's About It So It Seems. My next Purchase I Think May Be Another Build As This Is the First acer , Probably Last? . Cheers Mate For Your Response It's What I'd Thought Myself. Looking For Some confirmation . Thanks

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

About The Battery , After Monthly Updates From Microsoft They Tend To Reset or Change Settings Back to the Way They Want Them As Far as I Have Noticed. You (not You Personally) Need To Use Workarounds To Keep Things From Resetting . Thanks For Your Answer . But Since ACER Don't Seem To Have Updates Even Through Their Care Centre (Not 1) I Tend To Just Use Windows Updates & Drivers. Thanks Mate Well Answered.

Tinkerer

My Acer Is Not That Old Yet ,It Was More for next Gen Intel . i Must Admit I haven't Had Any Issues & I Use Optional Updates ,arc , Nvidia By Nvidia . But Since There's Nothing Really From Acer Itself Except Bios/ Firmware. Just Find It A bit Lacklustre By ACER With Their Customers , And Ive Had A Few Different Pc's Over The Years. cheers anyway . Thanks For Your Reply.

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited February 4

ok sounds good

• Both
    Both Member Posts: 5 New User

KJN9000000Feb 2, 2024

Allow only Security updates Disable all other updates in Windows 10/11, only push updates after they are at least 6 months old, so they have time for old bugs to be worked out. Only use Drivers Provided by Acer for the first 2 years. If you update the driver and I overuses, revert to the previously used driver.

• Both
    Both Member Posts: 5 New User

KJN9000000Feb 2, 2024

Allow only Security updates Disable all other updates in Windows 10/11, only push updates after they are at least 6 months old so they have time for the bugs to be worked out. Only use Drivers Provided by Acer for the first 2 years. if you update a driver and have new issues revert to the previously used driver.