Orion 3000 what CPU-s are supported by my motherboard Predator PO3-650

Options
13»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

First test with just the new memory installed. The XMP option in the BIOS should then be available. Once you know it's going to work right with the new memory go ahead with an order for the rest. Switch XMP back off in the BIOS before putting the old memory back in or else you might end up in some confused state…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • INCERA
    INCERA Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
    Options

So I got the new ram 4x8 on 4800mhz but it’s working on 4000 I don’t know why but fact, also on the RAM it says that it supports XMP but I don’t see it in my Bios once again…

• billsey
    Options

The memory speed is normal when the system is fully populated. If you have a BIOS that supports XMP (and I don't believe you do on the 3000) it will be under the Advanced tab. All memory on the system needs to be XMP before turning it on will be an option.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • INCERA
    Options

Yeah, I got it… and yeah I don’t have any XMP in my bios also I would like to ask once again can I put i5 13600k on my motherboard? Atm I am with i5 13400f any idea?

• billsey
    Options

I believe you can put the K in, but any of the K functions will be disabled since the BIOS doesn't support them. So, it will act pretty much the same a the CPU you have now. I believe the i5-13600KF will be cheaper and I'd really look at the i7s if you really, really want to drop a different CPU in. Most games don't do enough multi-threading to make it worthwhile.

• INCERA
    Options

Got it, thank You!

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Upgrade the bios to this desktops last bios version R01-A2 and see if the ram speed goes to DDR5-4800MHz, with the cpu these are all the cpu's that are fitted as oem cpu's to the PO3-650 desktop and are compatible.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• INCERA
    Options

Thank you very much!

• INCERA
    Options

Can someone tell me what is the size on the motherboard PO3-650 because I want to change it and my PC box is not big so I want to know can I fit B650 in that box.

• billsey
    Options

The motherboard is a modified DTX form factor. DTX uses the same mount points as mATX, but the Acer specific DTX has that "diving board" off the front that hold the front ports. Third party cases do no have provisions for those, so you lose access to those ports when switching to a larger case. Typically when someone finds they need a bigger case it's best to just upgrade to the PO5 or PO7 models, since those already have the larger case.

• INCERA
    Options

So that means if I want to upgrade my CPU to 7800x3d I have to change the motherboard and also to change the motherboard, I have to change the whole PC box/case so it can fit inside?

• billsey
    Options

To change from your Intel CPU to an AMD CPU does require you change almost everything. You can fit many third party motherboards into the existing case, but they will have something different required for front ports. Best if making that type of major revamp is to either just purchase a new system with your specs or build it from scratch and only reuse things like the drive and maybe memory. Since you are already on a pretty decent machine with your PO3-650 I wouldn't dive into anything newer yet, wait a year or so until you can jump to something that will be a much bigger change.