Aspire TC-390 USB does not automatically boot per boot priority.

2»

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I'll bet that your laptop is not Win11 or not completely updated as MS must have slipped a bios modification at an earlier date because mine used to boot directly.

I rechecked my Lenovo laptop and indeed I do have to push F12.

I took a picture of the Lenovo F12 menu.

• RONCARIOCA
    RONCARIOCA Member Posts: 42 Troubleshooter

The BIOS is not something MS can change.

I noticed that your boot priority is not set to EFI USB as first. You will never boot automatically to USB and will have to use the F12 to boot menu to boot to EFI USB

My PC is an ACER BIOS WIn 10 from 2022.

My laptop is a lot older Toshiba Laptop from many years ago which came with win 8 and updated to win 8.1

• Larryodie

I changed Bios Boot on my Acer's order to Removable Device (??) but it still didn't boot the USB .

I think that Windows does mess with Bios on upgrades .

• RONCARIOCA

I would be really surprised if Windows updates affect your BIOS.. Actually really doubtful.

• Larryodie

I'll bet that if you update your laptop to WIN11 then your boot operation will change ,

Windows may not alter settings but I betcha that they change the operation of booting.

My Acer used to boot to the USB without doing an F12 except to change the order. Now it has changed with no BIOS updates in a year or more,

• RONCARIOCA

I supposedly can upgrade to win 10 on laptop but failed.

BIOS is hardware related is controlled by PC manufacturer.

Windows updates do not affect the BIOS and are unrelated.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-windows-update-patches-effect-the-bios/02389c8c-df01-47bc-9f67-dac5c865660a