20-30 fps in any game on Nitro 5 AN515-57

dieMarten
dieMarten Member Posts: 1 New User

The first time it happened out of the blue, I was playing Sea of Thieves and all of the sudden my fps went from 140 to anywhere between 15-30. When I tried to launch any other game that uses my dedicated gpu (not integrated) this fps remains the same(gpu usage can be high sometime). I got this fixed by doing what Shinobi12 said in this post (reinstall gpu drivers and update bios)

But the next day it happened again the same way (playing Sea of Thieves). I did the reinstall gpu drivers again and didnt update them to the newest version but kept them on an old version. Today it happened when I tried to launch a game and Idk what I need to do to fix it.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,650 Pathfinder

You can follow this guide first- windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

Main solution- someone partially found a way to fix this
    Do clean driver installation then open Nvidia control panel as administrator and enabled developer mode and changed the option to allow all users access. However, if change back or overload the PC, the fps is low again, but it's enough to enjoy the game at the moment.

I believe it's happening because of intel and nvdia driver conflict. It might be fix soon.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Bethvigil
    Bethvigil Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2023

I had a similar issue with my Nitro 5 AN515-57, where my FPS dropped unexpectedly during gameplay, even with my dedicated GPU. It went from a smooth 140 down to a frustrating 15-30. I followed the advice from Shinobi12 in this thread, which involved reinstalling GPU drivers and updating the BIOS. It worked like a charm, and my FPS is back to normal now! As for the Dragon City mod APK you mentioned, I'd advise against downloading unofficial or modded versions, as they can pose security risks. Stick to the official app stores for your downloads.

• Bethvigil
    Bethvigil Member Posts: 2 New User

I had a similar issue with my Nitro 5 AN515-57, where my FPS dropped unexpectedly during gameplay, even with my dedicated GPU. It went from a smooth 140 down to a frustrating 15-30. I followed the advice from Shinobi12 in this thread, which involved reinstalling GPU drivers and updating the BIOS. It worked like a charm, and my FPS is back to normal now! As for the dragon city mod apk 22.8 1you mentioned, I'd advise against downloading unofficial or mudded versions, as they can pose security risks. Stick to the official app stores for your downloads.