Chrome OS Is Missing or Damaged Acer CB315-1ht

Tsupport
Tsupport Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi dear friends

I was trying to install android 9 on my Acer 315-1HT 15.6 laptop, then I messed up the system. I used the recovery image I created but it comes up with unexpected error and terminates recovery process. I have downloaded many times the recovery OS for BLUE model, on windows chrome browser and Mac desktop Chrome browser, many different types USB and SD cards, all of them produce the same error. When I tap TAB, I get a black screen at the bottom, it reads, TPM state: V1 failed tries 0 tries_Max 200

Answers

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

I have done this more than 10 times, with different size and medium(Micro SD or USB2 , or 3 and 8,16, 64 and 126 GB devices on windows and MAC), all ends with unexpected error, the recovery process never ends .

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

Hi Thank you for your help, what do you mean by update file? Google chrome browser has the Recovery Utility App that I can select my Chromebook model (BLUE) and simply erased the SD card or USB attached to the PC and create a bookable disk(Chrome OS image, ISO), I connect it to the Chromebook that is waiting for me to connect the USB device, then it detects the OS and starts to install the operating system but after 5 minutes it gives error "unexpected error and hangs, it notes, go to google Chromebook for help. I have done this today many many times but no avail.

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

One extra note: I do not want to install Android on to my Chromebook. I want to install Acer Chromebook BC315-1HT, motherboard model BLUE. I gave up on installing android on my Acer Chromebook. I want Original Chrome OS to be installed on my system. Sorry for confusion. Thank you anyway.

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

Another point, I can not get out of developer mode, the only chance I have is to use ESC + Refresh and power button to do some thing on this laptop. It does not matter if OS verification is ON or OFF.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,952 Trailblazer

Sorry, I cannot help you further, wait for someone else to respond🤨

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,505 Trailblazer

Acer does not support Chrome OS, have a look at this guide Download and install Chrome OS and install the OS from there, its a simple process,

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

Hi possibly you did not read my question, I am installing chrome OS on Acer Chromebook CB315 laptop (Chromebook)!!!! the original OS on this device is chrome OS. Thank you anyway.

• This appears to be a tpm related issue. Try this procedure:
    a) disassemble the laptop and disconnect the lithium battery:

b) press the power button for thirty seconds.
    c) then reconnect the battery and check if the problem still occurs.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tsupport

Tinkerer

Hi Dear, it did not work. I changed the battery and followed your instruction, still no avail. My search on the web shows that there is no cure for this from Acer. One person suggested keep trying , the other one shows the third try made it on recovery process, the one says: change the angle of the laptop while sitting on the table, weird ideas. I thought maybe I have to ground the BIOS chip (25Q128FW) on the mother board. it is a risky task and I do not know how to do it while the system is powered. Any help? Thank you again

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer

Never short anything, even grounds, when the laptop is powered on. It's too risky. You might be seeing a drive issue instead of a TPM that just happens to do it's thing when the TPM is installing. Try recovering with an older image than the current one. If it works then go ahead and do the normal updates to get current.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tsupport

Tinkerer

Thank you: you are %100 right, I thought the same way. It is 2 days, I trying to see where I can download, older version of Acer CB315-1ht original OS. The one that Chrome recovery utility downloads, is the latest one. Please, let me know if you know where I can download an old version for Acer Chromebook BLUE motherboard. I have another idea, using Flypro eeprom programmer, I first back up BIOS chip then see if I can reset it. this can be done without powering the motherboard. I have done it on my PC motherboards to change BIOS. Again thank you for your precious help, the best

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

a little bit more, This happened when I tried to install android 9 on this device. With OS verification ON or OFF, the device only detects the recovery that I have downloaded from Google Chrome. It looks like, at startup (boot time) it detects the USB device, it then looks for BLUE motherboard configuration file and then starts the installation process then hangs.

• Tsupport

Tinkerer

Good news, Happy ending. I finally fixed it.

After many days of time wasting, I came to conclusion that motherboard is dead.
    Something inside me told me you did nothing wrong I just tried to install a different OS on this device. I searched and found below link and searched for Acer motherboard BLUE. Downloaded Ver 112 for Acer Chromebook CB315-1HT.
    https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/serving-builds?deviceCategory=ChromeOS
    The latest Ver is 115 and that was the cause of problem.
    Turned off OS verification then installed it in less than 5 minutes, most experts wrote the eMMC HDD is dead because the picture, indicates 0X5b error, meaning hard disk is UN-bootatble.
    Happy ending, hope others can benefit from my experience. And I found out that my Acer model is not on the list of devices which supports Android OS.