How can I upgrade my Android OS if my product is unable to find an update?
Updates to the Android operating system are now provided directly from Google instead of coming from Acer. If you attempt to check for software updates on our older tablets, you may get the message "Update service temporarily unavailable".
You can install the last supported Android operating system on your Acer; tablet with the use of a microSD card.
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select the OS tab, and then click on the most recent firmware version.
- Click the Download link for the file you want to download.
- Use a computer to format your microSD card (512 MB is recommended).
- Copy the update.zip file to your formatted microSD card. Do not extract the update.zip file and make sure to place the file in the root of the microSD drive.
- Insert the microSD card into the tablet’s memory card reader.
- Plug in the adapter and make sure battery capacity is above 30%.
- Boot the tablet with a special button sequence. Different tablets may have different sequences:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button (closest to Power) then press and hold the Power button on the tablet. Once the tablet vibrates, release the Power button but still hold Volume Down button. When the tablet vibrates again, release the Volume Down button then press and hold the Volume Up button.Once the Power key white LED lights up, release the Power key but still hold the Volume Up key.
- Release the Volume Up key when the message Erasing Cache before SD update.... shows on the screen.
- A menu may appear. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to move between the options and the Power button to select the highlighted option. You will want an option to apply update from external storage.
- Select the update.zip file on the microSD card.
- The OS firmware is updated. This process will take a few minutes. The tablet will automatically reboot when it is complete.