Horizontal lines at bottom of the screen for z271 monitor. Is known wich faulty part causes this?

Options
1nicer
1nicer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Monitors

Hey, i have an Predator Z271U monitor. I have also noticed horizontal lines, likes the users in the other posts. But in my case, they

are more slightly and most visible on grey pictures. The colors seem to be okay, but these lines are brighter then they should / then the other lines. Sometimes they are flickering. I changed DP cable and also tried HDMI. It`s also visible with no Input, in the monitor menu. It doesn`t matter wich frequencey is set, or if GSync is on / off.

The monitor is out of warranty since a few months now.

I'm talented with electronics. So can you give me any advice wich parts I should check/change first?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options

Those are fairly minor barely noticeable artifacts in the screen pixels. If it was mine, I'd do nothing to try to fix them. If you must try something, I suggest that you run pixel repair video in theater mode at this link for about 15 mins to see if it has any effect.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The first thing to look for is EMI interference in the video cable. Check for routing problems if it goes near an power circuits and make sure the cable itself is good quality. Noise induced on the cable is by far the most common cause of artifacts like that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 1nicer
    Options

Thanks for your support. I don´think that its pixel artifacts because all colors are visible. The complete lines are more dark than the others or are flickering. I ran the video for 15 min. but unfortunatly it didnˋt help.
    As you can see in the video. More and more lines have started to flicker. So itˋs very noticeable and annoying.

EMI was a good point. So I tried the following things:
    - Disconntected HDMI and DisplayPort cables
    - switched to antoher power outlet
    - tried with another comparable power adapter
    - tried with a power strip with filter
    Itˋs still flickering in the main menu of the monitor. So I think itˋs the hardware of the monitor.
    It seems that the flickering has a constant frequence of every 2-3 seconds. Maybe that helps.

• JackE
    Options

What brand model number PC are you using? Have you installed the Win8x driver in Win10 or Win11 compatibility mode.

Jack E/NJ

• 1nicer
    Options

It´s a Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO Board, AMD 5600x, RTX3070 and WIN10 running.

BUT it can`t be anything with PC or driver because the problem is, as I wrote, with ANY device and with NONE device and without any cable. So it just can be the monitor itself.

• JackE
    Options

with NONE device and without any cable. So it just can be the monitor itself.

Please show phone photo of full screen with no cable or anything else attached.

Jack E/NJ