Horizontal lines at bottom of the screen for z271u Is there anything I can do about this?

Options
Nick82
Nick82 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Monitors

I have some horizontal lines like this user:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/606061/horizontal-lines-on-the-bottom-of-monitor-z271u

My monitor is from 2019 and I am out of the guarantee period. Is there anything I can do about this?

It is happening on different PCs, on booting, so a permanent new feature :(

In the photo below you can see that I made a screenshot with the snipping tool where this error is not on the screenshot.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a problem similar to televisions. I would check the edp cable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's a problem similar to televisions. I would check the edp cable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Typically those types of artifacts are caused by the cable, as suggested, but either the DP or HDMI cable you are using between the desktop and monitor. Only tear into the monitor itself if a good replacement cable makes no change.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nick82
    Options

I am using a DP cable for my desktop and the hdmi cable for my business laptop. Both devices have the same problem. So I don't think that this is external cable related.

The EDP cable sounds promising. I saw in the ACER shop that there I can get a new one. How can I get your pdf manual? On the acer support page I found only the regular one with 39 pages. Yours have 86 pagers.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The Service Guides aren't publicly available except to service centers and a few lucky members here. We are allowed to post snippets from them though, such as you see above.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nick82
    Options

I bought a new edp cable from acer and see unfortunately the same effect.

Additionally I switchted the DisplayPort cable. This does not help either.

Do you have other proposals what I can do?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Is your monitor still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Nick82
    Options

No my monitor is not under warranty any more. See my first post.

• Commodore_1995#
    edited November 2022
    Options

In that case, I advise sending the monitor to a technician who understands electronics.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer